Michael Savage unveils newly designed website

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
547
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Around
XP
323
Country
United States
Michael Savage, host of one of the nation's top radio talk shows, is unveiling a completely new design to his popular website today.

His fiercely loyal "Savage Nation" listenership of an estimated 8 million a week already has come to enjoy his unique daily take on news and culture at MichaelSavage.com.

Now, it gets better.

"There's a reason MichaelSavage.com is the leading website among all talk-radio personalities," Savage said. "That's why I am bullish on MichaelSavage.com." [/p]

last one for the day, and it to contains copyright so read the remaining story here.

View his site, here

I hope they have an rss feed with the new build!
 

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
18,151
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
The Danger Zone
XP
10,212
Country
United States
A note on all your news articles you're posting.

I'm pretty sure the copyright doesn't matter as long as you're citing them. If we were to rip the information from them or the entire article than that'd be plagiarism. But as long as readers know it's their news, there shouldn't be an issue. Plus, the copyright at the bottom of every page is for the entire article, not just some random portion of it. So regardless of how much you copy, you'd be doing the same thing as quoting the entire article.

So don't cut off the rest of the article. Or just write your own summary and cite them as a source.
 

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
547
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Around
XP
323
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
A note on all your news articles you're posting.

I'm pretty sure the copyright doesn't matter as long as you're citing them. If we were to rip the information from them or the entire article than that'd be plagiarism. But as long as readers know it's their news, there shouldn't be an issue. Plus, the copyright at the bottom of every page is for the entire article, not just some random portion of it. So regardless of how much you copy, you'd be doing the same thing as quoting the entire article.

So don't cut off the rest of the article. Or just write your own summary and cite them as a source.

see,I was told by another mod that is was ok to do something like this, I really wish there was a sticky so that I could follow a set rule of instructions, instead of getting a hundred different ways to do it. I'm glad you brought this up, and I am sorry if I am posting it in an incorrect fashion, I apologize. Just trying to follow guidelines.
 

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
18,151
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
The Danger Zone
XP
10,212
Country
United States
The Living Shadow said:
see,I was told by another mod that is was ok to do something like this, I really wish there was a sticky so that I could follow a set rule of instructions, instead of getting a hundred different ways to do it. I'm glad you brought this up, and I am sorry if I am posting it in an incorrect fashion, I apologize. Just trying to follow guidelines.

You're more than free to quote part of an article and leave the rest to further reading, but it just seems silly to cut off part of the article for "copyrights" when the entire article is actually copyrighted (although none of this should matter if you're citing them).
 

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
547
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Around
XP
323
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
The Living Shadow said:
see,I was told by another mod that is was ok to do something like this, I really wish there was a sticky so that I could follow a set rule of instructions, instead of getting a hundred different ways to do it. I'm glad you brought this up, and I am sorry if I am posting it in an incorrect fashion, I apologize. Just trying to follow guidelines.

You're more than free to quote part of an article and leave the rest to further reading, but it just seems silly to cut off part of the article for "copyrights" when the entire article is actually copyrighted (although none of this should matter if you're citing them).

I am sourcing them, could you bring this up in the mod forums? I'd really like to have an established set of rules. I see exactly where your coming from, and I agree with you completely but I don't have the time to completely rewrite news articles most of the time, otherwise I would do so.
 

doyama

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
1,288
Trophies
0
XP
171
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
A note on all your news articles you're posting.

I'm pretty sure the copyright doesn't matter as long as you're citing them. If we were to rip the information from them or the entire article than that'd be plagiarism. But as long as readers know it's their news, there shouldn't be an issue. Plus, the copyright at the bottom of every page is for the entire article, not just some random portion of it. So regardless of how much you copy, you'd be doing the same thing as quoting the entire article.

So don't cut off the rest of the article. Or just write your own summary and cite them as a source.

This is incorrect. For example AP articles explicity state that reprinting the article is forbidden except by permission of the AP. Quoting parts of the article is generally considered ok as fair-use under copyright law. Quoting the entire article is not.

Citations are only really relevant if you are writing an article, and represent a fact and want readers to know where you received that fact. Also if you take direct quotes, then a citation is also appropriate. Citations does not give you the right for a free-for-all to reprint the entire article verbatim.

Though from WDN.... that place is hardly 'news' anyways. Though since they print exclusively fiction, you might argue that their work is actually more creative than regular news
tongue.gif
 

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
547
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Around
XP
323
Country
United States
doyama said:
Though from WDN.... that place is hardly 'news' anyways. Though since they print exclusively fiction, you might argue that their work is actually more creative than regular news
tongue.gif

your right, I've never been to WDN, must be a cool site brah, got a link?
 

doyama

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
1,288
Trophies
0
XP
171
Country
United States
The Living Shadow said:
Guild McCommunist said:
The Living Shadow said:
see,I was told by another mod that is was ok to do something like this, I really wish there was a sticky so that I could follow a set rule of instructions, instead of getting a hundred different ways to do it. I'm glad you brought this up, and I am sorry if I am posting it in an incorrect fashion, I apologize. Just trying to follow guidelines.

You're more than free to quote part of an article and leave the rest to further reading, but it just seems silly to cut off part of the article for "copyrights" when the entire article is actually copyrighted (although none of this should matter if you're citing them).

I am sourcing them, could you bring this up in the mod forums? I'd really like to have an established set of rules. I see exactly where your coming from, and I agree with you completely but I don't have the time to completely rewrite news articles most of the time, otherwise I would do so.

For most 'well written' articles taking the first paragraph should give most people a general sense of the article.

While the site is small we don't want to be subject to frivolous lawsuits concerning copying of content from other sources

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/20...t-at-a-time.ars

While RightHaven has done a spectacularly poor job of this, a more savy law firm could go to town on this kind of thing legitimately.
 

doyama

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
1,288
Trophies
0
XP
171
Country
United States
The Living Shadow said:
doyama said:
Though from WDN.... that place is hardly 'news' anyways. Though since they print exclusively fiction, you might argue that their work is actually more creative than regular news
tongue.gif

your right, I've never been to WDN, must be a cool site brah, got a link?

Sorry got mixed up. I mean WND (World Net Daily) which is hardly a 'news' site. Even as a conservative that place gives me the heebie jeebies.
 

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
547
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Around
XP
323
Country
United States
doyama said:
The Living Shadow said:
doyama said:
Though from WDN.... that place is hardly 'news' anyways. Though since they print exclusively fiction, you might argue that their work is actually more creative than regular news
tongue.gif


your right, I've never been to WDN, must be a cool site brah, got a link?


Sorry got mixed up. I mean WND (World Net Daily) which is hardly a 'news' site. Even as a conservative that place gives me the heebie jeebies.

you think what you want, I like the site nothing wrong with that.

QUOTE(yuyuyup @ Jun 1 2011, 02:16 PM)
Michael Wiener is a nutball, listen to sane voices like Mike Malloy and Randi Rhodes. Not some rabid, frothing gay hater.

it's those type of "sane voices" that brought us to the state that we are in today.

edit:why is it that whenever someone posts and article such as this there is always an attack, yet whenever there is a left leaning article, conservatives are polite and humble?
 

BlueStar

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2006
Messages
4,092
Trophies
0
Location
UK
XP
661
Country
We wouldn't let this limp dick into our country on the basis he wasn't welcome thanks to bring a hate spewing wanker. Hilariously, he ranted that it violated his first amendment rights, as if the US constitution applied worldwide. He then said he was going to sue Britain, although last I checked he had rather unsurprisingly gotten nowhere with that.
 

yuyuyup

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
3,691
Trophies
0
Location
USA MTN timezone
Website
Visit site
XP
2,244
Country
United States
The Living Shadow said:
yuyuyup said:
Michael Wiener is a nutball, listen to sane voices like Mike Malloy and Randi Rhodes. Not some rabid, frothing gay hater.

it's those type of "sane voices" that brought us to the state that we are in today.
gimme a break, Obama is a republican dog, "obamacare" is a laugh, financial reform is a laugh. You would have to be an idiot to STILL believe right wing bullshit.
 

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
547
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Around
XP
323
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
The Living Shadow said:
yuyuyup said:
Michael Wiener is a nutball, listen to sane voices like Mike Malloy and Randi Rhodes. Not some rabid, frothing gay hater.

it's those type of "sane voices" that brought us to the state that we are in today.
gimme a break, Obama is a republican dog, "obamacare" is a laugh, financial reform is a laugh. You would have to be an idiot to STILL believe right wing bullshit.

are you done?

@Bluestar you've made my prior point.
 

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
547
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Around
XP
323
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
Hell no I'm not done. If you just HATE those horrible brown-shirt gays, aka "THE GAY MAFIA," and if you think AUTISM IS FAKE,
0.jpg

Here's your man.

Ok, Now are you done?
 

BlueStar

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2006
Messages
4,092
Trophies
0
Location
UK
XP
661
Country
The Living Shadow said:
why is it that whenever someone posts and article such as this there is always an attack, yet whenever there is a left leaning article, conservatives are polite and humble?

And what kind of articles are posted written by people who are the left's equivalent of Savage?

I'm not being 'polite' about someone like Savage just for the sake of not hurting someone's feelings. How come you get a pet lip about people's rather tame 'attacks' on GBATemp, but seem to admire and defend a guy who tells people, live on his show that they're a sodomite who should 'get AIDS and die'?
 

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
547
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Around
XP
323
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
The Living Shadow said:
why is it that whenever someone posts and article such as this there is always an attack, yet whenever there is a left leaning article, conservatives are polite and humble?

And what kind of articles are posted written by people who are the left's equivalent of Savage?

I'm not being 'polite' about someone like Savage just for the sake of not hurting someone's feelings. How come you get a pet lip about people's rather tame 'attacks' on GBATemp, but seem to admire and defend a guy who tells people, live on his show that they're a sodomite who should 'get AIDS and die'?


so what, you've never been in a street fight, have someone insult your mother? Just because you've heard some of the story doesn't mean that you've heard it all. don't tell me you've never said stuff when you where angry, and fought back.

about the other thread, I didn't come out attacking anyone, I made a one line statement, and I was attacked, sound familiar?

QUOTE(impizkit @ Jun 1 2011, 05:44 PM)
These arguments are a reason Im a Libertarian.

xD wassup dude, barely ever on here
tongue.gif
 

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    _Shimon @ _Shimon: oh shit this exists