[MHX] Is it possible to Proxy DLC?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Deneviel, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Deneviel
    OP

Deneviel Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2015
    Italy
    Montella
    As title...

Is there a way to have a dump of the official DLC on the PC and proxy them to the console?

Long story short i'm realy carefull when it comes to online and downloaded game and if possible i would like to avoid going online.

Plz avoid the: "Then buy a original cartridge" commets XD...

I will surely buy one when it will get localized like i did for 3U and 4U, but i don't realy want to waste money on a Jap 3ds for a single game ^^.

Tnx for reading

Last edited by Deneviel, Dec 7, 2015
  2. darklordrs

darklordrs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2015
    United States
    If you actually have access to homebrew, you realize there are several methods of avoiding region locks, right?

3. Deneviel
    OP

Deneviel Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2015
    Italy
    Montella
    ..... like i said i would like to avoid downloading MHX content from the Nintendo/Capcom Network.

Even buying the game u will still have a JP game on a EU console ... something that is not supposted to work....

4. darklordrs

Aug 16, 2015
    United States
    If you're running it without any form of romhack, nope, impossible.

If you are, depends.

5. moghedien

moghedien GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2015
    United States
    Yes you can. You can download the DLC files directly from Capcom's servers using your computer and proxy them to the game (which can all be done without any homebrew or CFW).
    That being said, you have to go online to proxy them to the game. But you could also add them directly to your save file (which would require the use of homebrew but not CFW).

6. darklordrs

Aug 16, 2015
    United States
    Oh. RIP, I'm a dumb dumb.

7. rexko

rexko Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2015
    Able. and can edit quest too

8. Deneviel
    OP

Deneviel Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2015
    Italy
    Montella
    And how to actually do it ? >.<

9. moghedien

moghedien GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2015
    United States
    I have tools for downloading and decrypting the DLC files here: https://github.com/svanheulen/mhef
    There's a file on there servers called "eventQuestList.bin" that shows all the available quests and the quests are in a folder called "arc/quest"
    The first quest is "arc/quest/q1010002.arc"
    Proxying works just like it did in MH4U.
    To add it directly to your save file, dump your save with this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-extdata-dump-and-restore-tool-extra-data-editing.378492/
    Here's the layout of the save file: https://github.com/svanheulen/mhff/wiki/MHX-system-Format

Talexius, Februarysn0w and Deneviel like this.
  10. Deneviel
    OP

Deneviel Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2015
    Italy
    Montella
    Can't seems to be able to download the quest propely >_> guess i have to wait for a quest editor like in MH4U case... tnx in any case ^^

11. kenshinjeff

kenshinjeff Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2007
    Senegal
    So if the quest data can be accessed via SDF, then someone can just do a conversion between between dlc.mib and quest a1010002.arc files. Right?

12. Drak0rex

Drak0rex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    Not sure what the point would be. You can download the DLC directly to your game.

13. moghedien

moghedien GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2015
    United States
    The new quest format in MHX is very different from the MH4U. It wouldn't be impossible to convert but it would take some work.