MH4U JP save to NA/EU?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kionea, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Kionea
    OP

Kionea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2014
    United States
    Dunno if this is the right board for this but whatever. Is this possible? I`ve got a friend that prefers to play games in japanese for learning purposes but as MH4U is region locked between east and west he can`t play with me and his brother. If he had both a JP and NA/EU copy, could he convert his save between the two? I read something about doing this between EU and NA but couldn`t find anything about JP saves.

2. Varia

Varia GBAtemp Fan

Nov 19, 2010
    Oh it's certainly possible using sdf to convert your 4U save to 4G and vice versa, I've been doing it constantly. However some people have reported having their guild cards all mixed up, and one even got blocked out from the elder hall apparently.

I personally haven't had any issues.

3. Kionea
    OP

Kionea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2014
    United States
    Ah. Well, we`ll try it and deal with any problems later. Good to know it`s possible.

4. jscjml

jscjml Monster Hunter

Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    Las Vegas
    It's possible.

but, sometimes repercussions happen:
    MH4G to MH4U = nothing wrong
    MH4U to MH4G = messed up Guild Card (9999 weapon usages all glitched out including training school records, no rank next to your HR.) you can still take quests fine though. JPN 4G players tend not to care as much as MH4U ones.

5. Kionea
    OP

Kionea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2014
    United States
    He definitely won't care. As long as the game works fine. No progression errors or anything.

6. ServbotMan

ServbotMan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    There was this anon who knew how to edit MH4 save. I never get to know if the encryption key was released in the end or not, as you could swap saves from MH4U to MH4G for duping purposes and swapping it back without the guild card problem if you don't check your card while doing whatever you're doing.