ROM Hack Question MH Rise Save

bungeegums

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Question regarding MH rise I've brought the game but want to transfer my save from Emunand to sysnand is it safe to do with out a ban and play online as well?
Only asking cause if its possible it would save alot of time replaying the game agian.
I have transfered saves from emu to sys before (pokemon, fire emblem) so I'm aware of the risks

Beseth

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it's possible because it works without problem in Monster Hunter: World, the game takes into consideration that you have played in single player mode, so it's not a problem.

I still advise you to change your savegame to "Airplane Mode" before trying to play in multiplayer.

Funky_3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The issue here is even though it worked on MHW & MHGU, Rise got a lot more attention from Nintendo than the previous ones (one not being on a nintendo console and the other one not having much success) & we don't know if Nintendo (or Capcom) will make a move here.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most save data from demos either give you extra stuff or transfer your progress. Nintendo can tell the difference between the demo save and the whole game through version save data, which could get you banned. I'd play it save and replay, bans aren't worth replaying like an hour of game. GL.

Funky_3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
then it'll work no problem, I didn't realize people had full game saves already as it just released a few hours ago. I misunderstood, my apologies.

All good.

The thing is since save editing on some of the most popular online games on Switch (such as Smash Bros. & Splatoon 2) is an almost guaranteed ban, we don't know if it also applies to MH Rise too, hence the worries.

If someone managed to transfer from MHR Emu to MHR Sys safely, i'd be great to hear.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All good.

The thing is since save editing on some of the most popular online games on Switch (such as Smash Bros. & Splatoon 2) is an almost guaranteed ban, we don't know if it also applies to MH Rise too, hence the worries.

If someone managed to transfer from MHR Emu to MHR Sys safely, i'd be great to hear.
if it's from the same game, it should work idk if MHR has online save but maybe upload the emunand one then download it on sys?

gbaperma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you trying to make the transfer? Doesn't official save transfer method require you to connect to Internet? It will be instant ban for emunand.

gbaperma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you trying to make the transfer? Doesn't official save transfer method require you to connect to Internet? It will be instant ban for emunand.

IZUNYA

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Most save data from demos either give you extra stuff or transfer your progress. Nintendo can tell the difference between the demo save and the whole game through version save data, which could get you banned. I'd play it save and replay, bans aren't worth replaying like an hour of game. GL.

It's not how it works, editing save is mostly safe in many games, i did it a lot with PKMN and ACNH, even played online with edited save and i'm not ban.

Please refrain from scaring people. (i didnt saw your last reply so my apologies if you find me rude, i didnt mean to)

As long as you don't make the save injection online while in CFW SYS you are safe, i never had problem.

There was some games like Splatoon or Smash reporting ban from editing, but no one has ever been ban for any other games to my knowledge.

Simply extract save from emunand, boot CFW SYS OFFLINE (airplane mode) inject the save , then load it, save , quit and proceed to play online normaly.

gbaperma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not how it works, editing save is mostly safe in many games, i did it a lot with PKMN and ACNH, even played online with edited save and i'm not ban.

Please refrain from scaring people. (i didnt saw your last reply so my apologies if you find me rude, i didnt mean to)

As long as you don't make the save injection online while in CFW SYS you are safe, i never had problem.

There was some games like Splatoon or Smash reporting ban from editing, but no one has ever been ban for any other games to my knowledge.

Simply extract save from emunand, boot CFW SYS OFFLINE (airplane mode) inject the save , then load it, save , quit and proceed to play online normaly.

How do you inject the save in Sysnand? I thought it's not safe to modify any files in Sysnand. I'm on SX OS.

galeophile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I'm using AMS , i select wich boot i want to with hekate
Hi! Will using homebrew create some kind of tracking in Sysnand?
And im using Atmosphere too. How can i change from Emunand to Sysnand boot?

Edit :

Oh, with Hecate?
WOuld u mind telling me which menu to boot on sysnand?

Last edited by galeophile,

IZUNYA

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi! Will using homebrew create some kind of tracking in Sysnand?
And im using Atmosphere too. How can i change from Emunand to Sysnand boot?

It will indeed leave a trace on you sysnand, dirtying it in the process of booting CFW in sysnand, but i personnaly don't care too much.

If you wan to boot in CFW SYS you can try to use HEKATE

galeophile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
It will indeed leave a trace on you sysnand, dirtying it in the process of booting CFW in sysnand, but i personnaly don't care too much.

If you wan to boot in CFW SYS you can try to use HEKATE
Whats the effect of dirtying your sysnand?
I found a very complicated tutorial how to move save from cfw to ofw without leaving the trace.
Im not really sure i would be able to do all that :(

IZUNYA

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Whats the effect of dirtying your sysnand?
I found a very complicated tutorial how to move save from cfw to ofw without leaving the trace.
Im not really sure i would be able to do all that :(

I dunno exactly, but it will live a trace for sure.

The "ultra long and safe process" is way too much off a hastle do be worth the time lost in it.

Just turn off wifi or go on airplane mode while booting in CFW SYS and you should be fine, many people do it.

Don't ever log online when you on CFW tho, as it can flag you for a ban.

And dont EVER edit save for splatoon or smash bros, or even use cheats in your these games, said games have high save editing checks and they are commonly known to ban people from the game for editing their saves.

galeophile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I dunno exactly, but it will live a trace for sure.

The "ultra long and safe process" is way too much off a hastle do be worth the time lost in it.

Just turn off wifi or go on airplane mode while booting in CFW SYS and you should be fine, many people do it.

Don't ever log online when you on CFW tho, as it can flag you for a ban.

And dont EVER edit save for splatoon or smash bros, or even use cheats in your these games, said games have high save editing checks and they are commonly known to ban people from the game for editing their saves.

I want to make sure the steps. Please CMIIW.
Status : Sysnand OFW is already online for now. Im playing with my CFW emunand.

- Boot Sysnand OFW > Turn off wifi > Airplane mode > Turn off
- Boot Emunand > Backup save with whatever tool (Is Edizon Enough?)
- Boot Sysnand CFW > Inject Save with whatever save editing tool
- Boot Sysnand OFW > Play Online

Is it correct?

Reactions: IZUNYA

gbaperma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to make sure the steps. Please CMIIW.
Status : Sysnand OFW is already online for now. Im playing with my CFW emunand.

- Boot Sysnand OFW > Turn off wifi > Airplane mode > Turn off
- Boot Emunand > Backup save with whatever tool (Is Edizon Enough?)
- Boot Sysnand CFW > Inject Save with whatever save editing tool
- Boot Sysnand OFW > Play Online

Is it correct?

What?
"Boot Sysnand CFW > Inject Save with whatever save editing tool"

What's Sysnand CFW anything to do with OFW?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday