Gaming Metroid Prime Trilogy confirmed to be on a dual layer disc?

mobad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lookie401 said:
mobad said:
By the "tool for SSBB" you mean an older version of WiiScrubber right?
I don't know if it's a modified version of WiiScrubber but it's just one file named "ssbb_dvd5.exe" and runs in "dos"/command line.

I just tried that tool and burnt the game and I have the same problem. (Link to the tool http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3U8DXPFM in case anyone else wants to try.)

Do you think you could post your cIOS version/backup loader/Wii version/anything else you think is relevant?

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a Wiikey v1 modchip if you didn't see my previous post.

In any case my Wii is on v4.1U with cIOS rev10/13 (I got back and forth and use it for USB loader; but remember I'm playing the game via disc channel).

BlueSteel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried the tool and burned the result to a DVD5. That gives me a black screen saying "The system files are corrupted" when I insert the disc. I also tried removing the update partition with WiiScrubber before burning the disc - similar result.

Is there any etter way to edit Wii ISOs? I think that sbb_dvd5-tool copies the ISO and just stops copying at 4.37GB, effectively creating a partial file where you have to be lucky nothing too important was in the second half of the disc. A method to cleanly remove the MP3 folder from the disc would be a preferrable method.

BlueSteel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did a few experiments with WiiScrubber, trying to extract the data, deleting the MP3 folder and creating a new partition. Now I have a partition with only MP1, MP2 and the menu, but how do I get that into a working ISO? All my attempts with WiiScrubber utterly failed so far.

EDIT: Using WiiScrubber 1.0a to remove the second layer results in an unreadable disc for me.

sarrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been having the quitting back to health screen on MP1 and MP2 loading with Wiikey 2, just tried it now with Gecko OS and it works perfect, hope that helps anyone having similar troubles.

bigbilly50

Trophies
XP
Country
The SSmb tool worked for me :-

Softmodded Ciscorp 3.3 installed.

DVD5 - MP1 + MP2 working through old verson of neogamma (480p and ability to choose diffuculty). (Disc channel gives unknown disc)

Thanks for the info, im happy, this is all I was after (have MP3 already)

Cheers!

BlueSteel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm making progress. All my DVD5 burns were crap, nothing worked. Now I finally installed the homebrew channel (never tried that before) and used Gecko OS to load Metroid Prime Trilogy. Without any changes it boots the game as NTSC and MP1 works, but then my screen is all red. (PAL Wii and TV)

Forcing it to PAL60 ends up in the Wii rebooting when I try to load MP1. Somehow I think I should give this one up until the PAL release is out, I wasted way too many DVD media already...

kloned

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't work for me. Tested it on a Wiikey2 with System Menu 4.0. I burned it onto a Verbatim DL-DVD disc at 2.4x with the layer break and I keep getting a DRE. When I tried to load with Gecko, it didn't detect the disc either.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sarrus said:
I've been having the quitting back to health screen on MP1 and MP2 loading with Wiikey 2, just tried it now with Gecko OS and it works perfect, hope that helps anyone having similar troubles.

yep that worked for me i have wiikey 1 though using geko 1.9.1.1. i switched back to disc so i can change difficulty and enable 480p
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye