Hacking Metroid prime trillogy disc update

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... Then my question would be...

I have a Wii which I've updated to System Menu v4.1U with Waninkoko's Updater. I have BootMii installed as Boot2 and two NAND backups.

If I insert my original retail NTSC-U Metroid Prime Trilogy disc, and it asks to update my system, should I let it?
What will happen?
What does it update/replace?

Thanks!
unsure.gif

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:

I have a Wii which I've updated to System Menu v4.1U with Waninkoko's Updater. I have BootMii installed as Boot2 and two NAND backups.

If I insert my original retail NTSC-U Metroid Prime Trilogy disc, and it asks to update my system, should I let it?
What will happen?

Thanks!
unsure.gif

Do NOT update, just put the retail disc in, then load it through a backup launcher like you would do with any other backup. If you update your Wii will be come unhacked.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:

What will happen?

Thanks!
unsure.gif

As i dont have this game yet i cant tell you exact details on which sys menu version etc it has on it, but the update i almost guarantee will prompt you if you waninkoko updated to 4.1, because the update doesnt just check your sys menu versino, it checks your ios and ios versions, so its highly doubtlfull you have the required IOS since you didnt get officialy signed trucha bug fixed IOS from nintendo.

I nintendo updated to 4.1 and trucha restored all my IOS and im williing to bet it will ask me for an update also, respectively.

Maybe somone who has this game already can use WUFE and give us some details on what update its got on it?

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is an alt-dol for the multiplayer avalible because in USBloaderGX i just see mp1 mp2 mp2 and then i think the other one is the menu but it doesnt say main.dol so im not sure

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:

What will happen?

Thanks!
unsure.gif
Do NOT update, just put the retail disc in, then load it through a backup launcher like you would do with any other backup. If you update your Wii will be come unhacked.
So... If the recommendation is to run it through a Backup Loader, does anyone know what settings to use through USB Loader GX? Will it simply work, by choosing "Disc" from the Alt. DOL location? Or, will we have to change anything else?

unsure.gif

Green0scar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I updated from the game, and Nothing changed, my usb loader still works, and Homebrew Channel. Im on 4.1 NTSC now.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
luke_c said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:

What will happen?

Thanks!
unsure.gif
So... If the recommendation is to run it through a Backup Loader, does anyone know what settings to use through USB Loader GX? Will it simply work, by choosing "Disc" from the Alt. DOL location? Or, will we have to change anything else?

unsure.gif

As posted in other threads, Simply use preloader hacks or startpatch hacks to avoid updates, or even easier and more temp to your wii, launch the game through gecko OS and use the hook option to skip disc update and you will get your savefile on your wii

As far as USB loader GX, thers no found way to get it working properly yet, you can however use alt-dol method from disc and choose the dol according to which game you are goin to play, if metroid prime 1, then choose the MP1.dol if 2 then MP2.dol etc. One excpetion to this is that the multiplayer mode does not work even with the alt dol loading at this time.

I've not seen anywhere on here where somone has posted results about trying ios 222 and the block ios reload function.. maybe it just works idk

Also idk if softmods work with this once you've gotten to this point and burned the game since it reloads IOS your subject to the same problem USB does. My guess with a modchip it would work cause there not subject to that (But this is only speculation, i dont have the game at this time to test myself) Neogamma MIGHT have an option to block ios reloads or use alt dols from disc but idk, my wii is hardmoded so i dont keep up with softmod stuff

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:

What will happen?

Thanks!
unsure.gif
Also... If this happens, can't I just restore my NAND with BootMii?

unsure.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Green0scar said:
I updated from the game, and Nothing changed, my usb loader still works, and Homebrew Channel. Im on 4.1 NTSC now.

What did change was your IOS's got updated and fixed (if you had trucha bug enabled ones) If it did infact have 4.1 system menu on it then you will no longer be able to run unsigned title ID's and such form SD card menu until you repatch IOS60. Homebrew channel and USB loaders etc willstill work cause they are already there. What wont work is any app that requires a trucha bug IOS (or uses IOS 249) as its trucha bug enabled. Examples are Hackmii installer, etc. However since you have IOS 249 you can still use programs such as DOP-IOS to restore trucha to your current newly installed versions of IOS's

Selvhat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GREAT FCKIN SUCCESS! IT WORKS! ALL 3 GAMES + MP2 MULTIPLAYER WORK WITHOUT ANY ISUESS! i'm so happy =D its 3 o'clock @ night and after hours of trying to get it run it works.

firmware: 3.2E
chip: wiikey 1.9g

i burned it on a DL+R disc on 4x. removed the update on disc with Wiizle Diizle Shiizle v1.2 and patched it to PAL. started it with Gecko OS 1.07b mod.05 @IOS250 (that is what stands on the bottom of the loader ^^). go to config and "VIDTV Patch: YES". now run the game and have fun =D.
i'm so happy YAY
grog.gif

viper_h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried getting this working in USBLoaderGX. I used the Alt-DOL from Disc, and set it to boot from MP1's dol, but on booting, I just got a black screen.

After rebooting my locked up Wii, I tried to go into the "select DOL" option and my Wii generated an exception error. Great!

Anyone know what the problem may be or what I'm doing wrong? Should I try a different USBLoader like NeoGamma?

SunRisesInTheEas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
no success on my 4.1 PAL cIOS14 wii also. I managed to create the savegame through main.dol but alternative .dol loading afterwards just reboots my wii. neither GX nor neogamma work.

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
SunRisesInTheEast said:
no success on my 4.1 PAL cIOS14 wii also. I managed to create the savegame through main.dol but alternative .dol loading afterwards just reboots my wii. neither GX nor neogamma work.

use GECKOS OS and not reboot
wink.gif

SunRisesInTheEas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
florian said:
SunRisesInTheEast said:

use GECKOS OS and not reboot
wink.gif

Ok I installed GECKO OS but I can't see how to mount my WBFS disk from there. Any hints? =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol