Hacking Metroid Prime 3 Freezingg

kyle007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys got a little issue.... SPOILER ALERT.....................

metroid prime 3 keeps hanging up when i finish the first uhh planet i leave the planet after i get told to finish the other bounty hunters missions a video starts playing then just black screen and stops no errors or anything and it keeps happening using riskiimod for SM loading and gamma from the HBC has this happened to anyone else? by the way 3.2U, NTSC copy of metroid prime any help is greatly appreciated edit: also a 1:1 copy

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a decrypted copy and I'm on the 3 planet wich I think is bryon and never happened to me, try making a decrypted copy and see what happens...!!!
smile.gif

skynth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yup, install CIOSCORP, DvdX, Backup loader channel, the backup loader channel reads decrypted ISOs alot better than encrypted ones, and make sure your dvd isn't too scratched.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cioscorp doesn't affect the game if it's started from a backup launcher. It would, if it was one of the IOS Version patching games. DVDx is not needed anymore, even for decrypted games. And doesn't risimod include cioscorp?

Guys stop giving out false and incorrect information!

If you use cioscrop, which surely includes a rev7 cIOS, and your game has a strange error inside the game, while others can play it without problems, i would suggest it's a bad burn.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dnmn8e said:
actually, i got the same error. The game works fine from backup launcher, but using cIOS corp disc channel launching it randomly black screens.

That's not the same error!, you get random errors, he gets an error at a certain place, that's totally different! But i suggest you have a bad burn too, could you test the disc quality with dvdinfopro or the nero cd-dvd speed tool(please tell which tool you used, i get different results with both)?

Wii-Nis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i am having problems with MP3C, but mine is a retail copy....after about 1/2 hour of playthe games freezes and the wii wont turn off unless i physically pull the power cord, any thoughts on what could be causing this? (running homebrew, CIOSCORP, starfall, system menu 3.2u.)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wii-Nis said:
i am having problems with MP3C, but mine is a retail copy....after about 1/2 hour of playthe games freezes and the wii wont turn off unless i physically pull the power cord, any thoughts on what could be causing this? (running homebrew, CIOSCORP, starfall, system menu 3.2u.)

Which starfall hacks did you enable? Do you have dvdx installed? Did you install other system relevant software?

PS: Push the power button a few seconds longer and you don't need to pull the power cord.

Wii-Nis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the quick reply but i figured out what was happening.....my fan died, and the Wii was overheating. i have since replaced the fan and all is good.

cokeman118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have a backup of MP:3 and it is also freezing. I figured it was a bad burn so I re-burned it and the exact same thing is happening, in the exact same places of the game.

First if you let the intro screen come up it will freeze...music plays but I have to shut of the wii. If you get into the game immediately you can select your save game. I've also noticed that doors don't always open when you shoot them and there is a delay. I have read this happens to others...

The major part where the game freezes I think is in Byron...haven't played in a while so I don't remember the planet name. Anyway, it's after you get the phazon suit. You get to this area where there is a "river" of phazon and at that point every time the game locks up. Now, I can move around, music is playing but the doors don't respond to shooting and I'm basically trapped. It's only been hapening at that point. I was thinking maybe a bad ISO, I backed it up with a retail version to and SD card and kept transferring the files to PC. Maybe something in this process messed up the game. I don't know. I haven't been messing with it lately, but since others were having some issues I thought I'd share mine.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wii-Nis said:
thanks for the quick reply but i figured out what was happening.....my fan died, and the Wii was overheating. i have since replaced the fan and all is good.

Did you enable Wiiconnect24? If yes, that's the cause of the overheating, and i doubt it's good for the Wii to run at 80-90 of its power all day and night, but with disabled fan.

QUOTE(cokeman118 @ Feb 13 2009, 01:25 AM) I also have a backup of MP:3 and it is also freezing. I figured it was a bad burn so I re-burned it and the exact same thing is happening, in the exact same places of the game.

First if you let the intro screen come up it will freeze...music plays but I have to shut of the wii. If you get into the game immediately you can select your save game. I've also noticed that doors don't always open when you shoot them and there is a delay. I have read this happens to others...

The major part where the game freezes I think is in Byron...haven't played in a while so I don't remember the planet name. Anyway, it's after you get the phazon suit. You get to this area where there is a "river" of phazon and at that point every time the game locks up. Now, I can move around, music is playing but the doors don't respond to shooting and I'm basically trapped. It's only been hapening at that point. I was thinking maybe a bad ISO, I backed it up with a retail version to and SD card and kept transferring the files to PC. Maybe something in this process messed up the game. I don't know. I haven't been messing with it lately, but since others were having some issues I thought I'd share mine.

Hmm, i was able to play completey through the game (again) with my backup. Opening doors lasts with *forever* on a backup, but it worked for me. My backup is PAL, decrpyted and i launched it with Gamma if this helps. But if the intro screen already freezes for you with different discs, my only assumption would be that you have the wrong cIOS installed, or that you have dvdx installed, which is not needed anymore.

cokeman118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Hmm, i was able to play completey through the game (again) with my backup. Opening doors lasts with *forever* on a backup, but it worked for me. My backup is PAL, decrpyted and i launched it with Gamma if this helps. But if the intro screen already freezes for you with different discs, my only assumption would be that you have the wrong cIOS installed, or that you have dvdx installed, which is not needed anymore.

what does it mean to be decrypted? I've read this in other posts, but never understood it. I don't think mine is decrypted since it is a 1:1 backup and I didn't do anything with the ISO. I have Wiigators cIOS for gamma 0.3 installed. I also have the latest softmii, however I haven't tried playing metroid on it yet since it wasn't working I haven't bothered to play again. I used to have dvdx installed but since I used the Any Region Changer that came with Softmii, wouldn't that revert all the IOS's back to "factory" unless it's a cIOS which it might be...I don't know. I used DVDx 1 time way back just to see if I could watch a DVD and never used it since. I thought it was needed before, but like you said, not anymore.

cokeman118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I just uninstalled dvdx and no change...so I don't know what the problem is. I thought 1:1 backups should run fine now with softmii and wiigators cIOS. mine is not patched to IOS 249.

Wii-Nis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]
what does it mean to be decrypted? I've read this in other posts, but never understood it. I don't think mine is decrypted since it is a 1:1 backup and I didn't do anything with the ISO. I have Wiigators cIOS for gamma 0.3 installed. I also have the latest softmii, however I haven't tried playing metroid on it yet since it wasn't working I haven't bothered to play again. I used to have dvdx installed but since I used the Any Region Changer that came with Softmii, wouldn't that revert all the IOS's back to "factory" unless it's a cIOS which it might be...I don't know. I used DVDx 1 time way back just to see if I could watch a DVD and never used it since. I thought it was needed before, but like you said, not anymore.
[/quote]

decypted just means that the "useless" data that fills a retail wii game is change to 0's making a "scrubbed" disc smaller then a 1:1 copy

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wii-Nis said:
QUOTE said:

decypted just means that the "useless" data that fills a retail wii game is change to 0's making a "scrubbed" disc smaller then a 1:1 copy

That's wrong. Decrypted means, the data partition of the disc, is decrpyted and the disc only contains the data partition(so it's missing the update partition). You need the tool "backup-creator.exe" to decrpyt a .iso, it's a commandline tool for windows and you need a "common-key"(without extension) file. But i'm really not sure if decryption yes or no is the problem here.

Wii-Nis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Wii-Nis said:
QUOTE said:

That's wrong. Decrypted means, the data partition of the disc, is decrpyted and the disc only contains the data partition(so it's missing the update partition). You need the tool "backup-creator.exe" to decrpyt a .iso, it's a commandline tool for windows and you need a "common-key"(without extension) file. But i'm really not sure if decryption yes or no is the problem here.

actually we are both right

moonmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had this problem with MP, it hit when I met up with the other bounty hunters like the OP and it switched to a cut scene in space. I had burned to a DVD-R branded by ASDA. I decided to invest in some Verbs and it got past that point fine
smile.gif

So maybe its just bad burn/bad quality disk in some cases.

Wii-Nis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this has nothing to do with MP3 backups....i have a retail copy that is in perfect condition...and this game resets the Wii, it also skips, which i thought was bizarre since the disc has no imperfections at all. the fan died in my Wii so i though tthat was the problem, well it wasnt. this comes down to poorly manufactured software as it is the only game that does this to my Wii. although i did consider since i have Cioscorp installed it might actually be one of those cios that is causing the problem. any thoughts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.