Gaming Metroid Other M

TheZander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
That Metroid game that came out for the Wii last year that was freezing all the time unless you downloaded a complete game save then played over that and skip the cut scenes but it would also freeze up at other spots. I was just curious if there has been any changes that allow you to play that game with out freezing. Like some kind of patch or an update. I believe I have Waniniko's latest CIOS installed

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
think the best fix i heard of was running the game off an ntfs formatted hdd...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WTF? It was clear after about a week that there were 2 or 3 dumps and only one of them was clean AND there's some DL cIOS issue. But using clean dump + a good cIOS + a good loader was reported to work. Even NeoGamma with wbfs i think, so it's not the filesystem in iteself, maybe some bad loader code.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
TwinRetro said:
The best way to run it flawlessly is to use the actual retail disc.
That's wrong
frown.gif

my wii can't read double layered DVD.
I'm glad there's backup managers, I would have need to buy a new Wii to play that game.

Well, about the game freezing, this is clearly a bad dump.
The one I used was metroid-other-m-ind (scrubbed and update partition removed).
The nfo says underdump, but I completed it 100% without any freeze.
Metroid_Other_M_USA_Wii-iND

underdumped source used so feel free to nuke this

expect a real scene group to proper this release ktnx.

this iso is also missing updates or something else but it works so enjoy.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked perfectly on uloader, no freezes, cutscenes went well. This was pretty much the same week of release so can't even remember what settings it was on plus I abandoned the game near to the end due it being slightly shit.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been running it under Waninkokos rev21 base56 in wiiflow and its been working fine. So far I'm upto sector 3, just got there. No freezes so far. There are moments when it seems like the game has froze but you've got to look at a certain thing which is usually tiny and hard to notice, a couple of times I turned it off wondering wtf, went back later and found what I should have the first time.
Good game so far though, although too many long cutscenes although they're well done at least

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BortzANATOR said:
Donkey Plonk said:
Oveneise said:
The best way to play the game is not to play it at all - it was horrible.
Good response. Very helpful
Lol i sense a purist here. But Donkey Plonk is right, dont post unless you have something helpful to say.

I like this game a lot and Im using Hermes 224 to run it and not freeze or whatever..

Play it you won't regret it..

TheZander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I liked metroid prime so I figured this has got be interesting at least. And obviously retail is the way to go if a butter knife hadn't been shoved in the disc drive... I external hard drive my games typically I have all sorts of loaders. I also have a cyclowiz in the wii I will try all the suggestions here hopefully it will work . It just sucks that to test if it works is watch a cut scene for 12 minutes then find out.

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
Donkey Plonk said:
Oveneise said:
The best way to play the game is not to play it at all - it was horrible.
Good response. Very helpful
Lol i sense a purist here. But Donkey Plonk is right, dont post unless you have something helpful to say.

Indeed I am a purist, sorry but I just had to post it. I just really disliked the game for not having the usual metroid gameplay and they really ruined the character of Samus, making her seem like your typical snobby brat seen in most animes. After I heard Team Ninja was developing it, I kind of expected this outcome. I disregard it from even being a real Metroid game. On a more positive note, just beat Metroid 2 and Zero Mission this week!

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
TheZander said:
Well I liked metroid prime so I figured this has got be interesting at least. And obviously retail is the way to go if a butter knife hadn't been shoved in the disc drive... I external hard drive my games typically I have all sorts of loaders. I also have a cyclowiz in the wii I will try all the suggestions here hopefully it will work . It just sucks that to test if it works is watch a cut scene for 12 minutes then find out.
Obviously retail is the way to go? Are you lost? This aint the official nintendo forums dude, FUCK retail, lol.

Yeah on usb now, the game plays fine as long as you have a current cios. Its good too, at first glance you'll be like, wtf? this is nothing like prime, and it kind of isn't, but as you get into it, you notice the elements of prime. I really like the new 2d style views though.

As for the ruined the character of Samus, I thought she was shown really well. In all metroid games I've always thought of Samus as the bad ass mofo who shouldn't be fucked with, Other M seems to make you realise shes still just a normal human. Guess its all down to the individuals take on it

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
I don't understand - Metroid othe M worked fine for me. usbloader gx, made backup of my retail disc and could play right away. No special IOSes needed other than the basic ones.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Worked fine in WiiFlow with the latest Waninkoko cIOS (base 56). Tried it with the d2x mod as well (also base 56) and it runs fine. Mostly it sounded like people had issues with bad dumps or the infamous door glitch. The IND release works (bought it and dumped it myself with CleanRip but I also wanted to beat it before it was released... just because
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.