Hacking Metroid: Other M not ripping correctly (USB Loader GX, vWii)

Toaddd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys I'm going through a bit of a ruff patch when it comes to transferring my soft modded Wii & games to my vWii. First thing that happened is all my games got corrupt, they are the correct size but they don't load in Dolphin or on my vWii or even my real Wii. Others are missing half of the files (probably due to fat32 limit on file size). So today I decided to rip all my Wii games again, it was going pretty good until I got to Metroid: Other M. The first time it got to 96% and froze, then I tried once more, same thing but at 98%. I tried again and again with various different rip settings (Full partition, remove update, game only). It almost worked, it got to 100% but failed to launch and had a blank channel. The disc itself is fine, it has basically no scratches and I cleaned it with a micro fiber cloth and 98% rubbing alcohol. Also my Wii U can read dual layer game correctly, I tested it by ripping Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

My setup is as follows:
  • vWii
  • dx2-v10-beta52-alt-vWi (Installed)
  • OS36-64-v3864 (Installed)
  • 320GB Harddrive 64KB Cluster Size
  • 16GB SDHC

Here's my question, is there any way I can get USB loader GX to rip the game correctly? Also is there any way I can recover my corrupt isos that are in .WBFS format?

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Toaddd,

Gameboyandwatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I'm going through a bit of a ruff patch when it comes to transferring my soft modded Wii & games to my vWii. First thing that happened is all my games got corrupt, they are the correct size but they don't load in Dolphin or on my vWii or even my real Wii. Others are missing half of the files (probably due to fat32 limit on file size). So today I decided to rip all my Wii games again, it was going pretty good until I got to Metroid: Other M. The first time it got to 96% and froze, then I tried once more, same thing but at 98%. I tried again and again with various different rip settings (Full partition, remove update, game only). It almost worked, it got to 100% but failed to launch and had a blank channel. The disc itself is fine, it has basically no scratches and I cleaned it with a micro fiber cloth and 98% rubbing alcohol. Also my Wii U can read dual layer game correctly, I tested it by ripping Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

My setup is as follows:
  • vWii
  • dx2-v10-beta52-alt-vWi (Installed)
  • OS36-64-v3864 (Installed)
  • 320GB Harddrive 64KB Cluster Size
  • 16GB SDHC

Here's my question, is there any way I can get USB loader GX to rip the game correctly? Also is there any way I can recover my corrupt isos that are in .WBFS format?

Thanks for reading!
It's probably a problem with your disc. If you own the game, download it online at a wii iso site if you're okay with doing that, as you're just making a backup of your disc. Also, about your corrupted WBFS files, try using a data recovery program. Those might work. My external hdd corrupted, and I used EaseUS and could see most of the files that were on my HDD. Too bad the program only lets you preview your files lmao.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using various devices to see if it works, HDD, SDcard, Usb flash.... i use wiiflow to copy my new super mario bros u to my 32GB micro sd card usb adaptor, i also rip metroid other m to a memory stick pro duo connected to usb using psp.

or maybe use another program, isn't there one on the homebrew browser for ripping games? If i remember correctly it also rip gamecube games as well.... what was it call? "Rip MII" Sound appropriate but doubt it.

try another game to comfirm what could be the trouble, disc drive reader, disc itself..... who knows.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CleanRip is the standalone ripper. If a game isn't backing up correctly it's the best fallback option.

If it's freezing at that stage of the process it could be something wrong with the disc, though. Something like a nick in the foil is hard to spot but can cause read errors.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would also suggest using CleanRip instead, for me it gave much better results back in the day as I was ripping my Wii games for usb loaders. The ripping function of usb loaders always seemed a bit unstable to me.

Gameboyandwatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CleanRip is great, but the only thing I don't like is how it rips isos into 2 parts. I honestly have no idea what to do with them when they're ripped into two parts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-