Gaming Metroid Dread news Fake or Real??

Metroid Dread Info Fake or Real

• Real

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fake

• I dunno

• Total voters

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Article is a load of stupid wank. Why else would Metroid: Other M released alone? Erm they always have been with exception of Metroid Prime and Fusion which came out at around the same time. The last Metroid game was Corruption which released alongside...nothing.

frogmyster3

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo DID work on a 2D Metroid for DS at some point but it never got out of the idea stage as they all moved onto Corruption and now Other M. But they won't release a 2D game alongside Other M. Besides there are way too many great Nintendo games (and 3rd party games too) released this year so this would probably be brushed aside anyway.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A news article on a blogsite

it has to be real
tongue.gif

xamorok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to me a bit of a stretch of logic, but not one that is completely out there. What bothers me is that the author is presenting as fact and not stating it as theory, which adds some more hesistation to believing out. I would love a portable metroid though.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the 3d Metroid series has done so well why would Nintedo want to go back to 2d? I don't really really see it happening

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
Since the 3d Metroid series has done so well why would Nintedo want to go back to 2d? I don't really really see it happening

2-D Metroid was still enormously successful and there are some fans who cried foul at 3-D Metroid games vs. the 2-D ones. I'd take the 2-D Metroid over 3-D Metroid any day.

And for all we know, future Metroids could be in a 3-D, but non-first person realm, depending on how well Other M is received.

EDIT: And my prediction is that once Other M development is finished, we may see an official announcement for Dread. They want to focus their efforts on Other M right now and I'm assuming Dread will also want to continue the massive story development introduced in Other M. Of course it seems the DS will end its lifespan sometime in the near future, so who knows.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was always in the "Metroid has no business being an fps" camp, myself. And nintendo still doesn't look like they know how to treat a 3D metroid right. I've said in a different sub-forum here that what would REALLY work best would be to make it 3rd person behind the back view. Basically in my opinion, they should make the games look similar to say, Ratchet & Clank.

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
frogmyster3 said:
But they won't release a 2D game alongside Other M.

They could if they went the route Dark Void did with the downloadable 8-bit version for the DSi. It'd be a fun add-on to the franchise and they wouldn't have to give it a fully-published release since it'd be d/l-only. Granted, I'd be annoyed since I don't have a DSi (and would've loved to have played the 8-bit Dark Void had they released it in actual cart-format) but I'm sure it'd help sell a few DSi handhelds to the fans of the Metroid series.

That reminds me, I've been meaning to replay the original version again (been listening to Metroid Metal lately). Have to remember to put nesDS back onto my CycloDS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1