Metroid Dread news Fake or Real??

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by coolness, Mar 12, 2010.

?

Metroid Dread Info Fake or Real

1. Real

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I dunno

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Mar 12, 2010
  1. coolness
    OP

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands
  2. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    Eh...speculative, at best. We'll see.

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Article is a load of stupid wank. Why else would Metroid: Other M released alone? Erm they always have been with exception of Metroid Prime and Fusion which came out at around the same time. The last Metroid game was Corruption which released alongside...nothing.

4. frogmyster3

Member frogmyster3 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Nintendo DID work on a 2D Metroid for DS at some point but it never got out of the idea stage as they all moved onto Corruption and now Other M. But they won't release a 2D game alongside Other M. Besides there are way too many great Nintendo games (and 3rd party games too) released this year so this would probably be brushed aside anyway.

5. Sylar1

Member Sylar1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    A news article on a blogsite

it has to be real [​IMG]

6. xamorok

Member xamorok Member

United States
    Seems to me a bit of a stretch of logic, but not one that is completely out there. What bothers me is that the author is presenting as fact and not stating it as theory, which adds some more hesistation to believing out. I would love a portable metroid though.

7. NoSmokingBandit

Member NoSmokingBandit GBAtemp Fan

United States
    As much as i think its fake a i really really hope Dread is real.

8. Zane

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
  9. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Look here

It's not real. Some guy just made a few pictures and said "OH LOOK ITS METROID DREAD".

10. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    Since the 3d Metroid series has done so well why would Nintedo want to go back to 2d? I don't really really see it happening

11. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    2-D Metroid was still enormously successful and there are some fans who cried foul at 3-D Metroid games vs. the 2-D ones. I'd take the 2-D Metroid over 3-D Metroid any day.

And for all we know, future Metroids could be in a 3-D, but non-first person realm, depending on how well Other M is received.

EDIT: And my prediction is that once Other M development is finished, we may see an official announcement for Dread. They want to focus their efforts on Other M right now and I'm assuming Dread will also want to continue the massive story development introduced in Other M. Of course it seems the DS will end its lifespan sometime in the near future, so who knows.

12. choconado

Member choconado Doesn't understand a damn thing on here

United States
    I was always in the "Metroid has no business being an fps" camp, myself. And nintendo still doesn't look like they know how to treat a 3D metroid right. I've said in a different sub-forum here that what would REALLY work best would be to make it 3rd person behind the back view. Basically in my opinion, they should make the games look similar to say, Ratchet & Clank.

13. TraumaHoundNDS

Member TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

United States
    They could if they went the route Dark Void did with the downloadable 8-bit version for the DSi. It'd be a fun add-on to the franchise and they wouldn't have to give it a fully-published release since it'd be d/l-only. Granted, I'd be annoyed since I don't have a DSi (and would've loved to have played the 8-bit Dark Void had they released it in actual cart-format) but I'm sure it'd help sell a few DSi handhelds to the fans of the Metroid series.

That reminds me, I've been meaning to replay the original version again (been listening to Metroid Metal lately). Have to remember to put nesDS back onto my CycloDS.

14. SinR

Member SinR The Terribad Gamer

United States
    Prime for GCN/Wii wasnt too bad, but i hated Prime:Hunters. i'd love it if this info were real, but i have my doubts