Methods to extract GBA (SP) Game saves to PC?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by iHumzah, May 24, 2014.

1. iHumzah
    OP

iHumzah Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2013
    Hi everyone.

I need some help with trying to choose the best method to extract game boy advanced SP game saves (most preferably to PC for storage/backup methods). I don't know every possible method. I'm aware of the Flash cart method and the Xoobo cable method, however I researched these over a year ago and dont know all the details. I tried re-researching it but couldn't re-find all the pages that were helpful. Could anyone help me by suggesting methods?

The main games I want to backup are my pokemon games (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald). I'm scared the saving ability will go soon or my save data will eventually be erased due to the internal battery. I have every pokemon in Sapphire which I definitely do not want to lose, so any help would be appreciated.

2. thaddius

thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

May 5, 2008
    Canada
    If you have a DS and a DS flash cart you can use the GBA Backup Tool which can rip saves off of a GBA cart in a DS/DS Lite Slot 2 and save them to the Slot 1 memory card. Then it's a simple matter of getting the saves off of the micro SD card onto your computer.

If you don't have that kind of setup you could get a GBA Flash kit that has the ability to back up saves, but the only carts around these days are EZ Flash IVs and they don't have that ability.

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    listen to thaddius

i use a ds lite + ds flashcart to backup\restore my pokemon cartridges to pc\emulators

if you have a ds lite\original ds and a flashcart, i will be happy to help you

you can even copy your entire pokemon rom, and get a "legit" backup on your pc...