Method to restore profile

Theone5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll get straight to the point. I think I messed up my account experimenting...
I used the Web activator by Sleirsgoevy on Karo218 host. I'm getting a NP-32038-6 error afterwards. Save games are not usable, this also accounts for the trophy data. I made a back-up of my save games prior to using the web activator. Is there a trick to recover the PNS account or revert back somehow. Thnx.

EDIT: I looked up my account ID by extracting a save file on my PS5. It would not let me back-up saves on the PS4 in a regular way because I was signed in as different account. Anyway.. I used the same online web activator to put back my original account ID along with the correct base64 ID and saved it. It hwas put back some information and I was able to back-up my saves again. Yet the original trophy information is not present and I still get the NP-32038-6 error when viewing trophies.

Last edited by Theone5000,

UnknownGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It tells you before applying the offline activation to use a new profile because it will corrupt save data and trophies. As far as I know or methods of restoring are not easy nor are really any. If you already backed up your saves from the original profile before the errors, I would make a new profile use offline activation save the code you are using, Then resign your saves to that new profile.

Reactions: Theone5000

Theone5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It tells you before applying the offline activation to use a new profile because it will corrupt save data and trophies. As far as I know or methods of restoring are not easy nor are really any. If you already backed up your saves from the original profile before the errors, I would make a new profile use offline activation save the code you are using, Then resign your saves to that new profile.
Can you provide sources of restoring the original account. I don't mind if it's hard / not easy, anything better than if it's not possible I suppose.

What other options are there? I don't mind wiping or restoring the PS4 to do a factory reset, but i'm afraid that if I do this that I need to first go 9.03 in any way possible.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you won't have to install 9.03 if you do a factory restore/initialization. I'd suggest that if you do that, it would be better to format the hdd on the pc to wipe everything.

UnknownGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you provide sources of restoring the original account. I don't mind if it's hard / not easy, anything better than if it's not possible I suppose.

What other options are there? I don't mind wiping or restoring the PS4 to do a factory reset, but i'm afraid that if I do this that I need to first go 9.03 in any way possible.
Run the ps4debug.bin again and then use the connect the offline activation and then get users.

On the profile you changed switch the numbers back to all zeros.
This may fix some of the save data issues but still might have trophy problems. You’ll probably have to delete the trophy data manually via ftp Test it out.

Here’s a video that shows how to resign save and mount if you creat a new profile. You don’t need to wipe the ps4 this is just a problem with that user profile and the save data. You can fix it all by the easiest way is creating a new profile, then offline activation then resign save data to the same profile you created and carry on playing you games like before.

Last edited by UnknownGamer,

Theone5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you for the replies. I found that a couple of files are related to putting back the original trophies such as

- sealedkey
- trophy.img
- trpsummary.dat

However there is no point in adding a new folder to {GameNumber} for example NPWR19904_00. It will not index. When trophies are syned / added via an disc update file trophy_local.db in folder /user/home/{yourId}/trophy/db/ is updated.

In regards to the savesgames. Some savegames could be restored by just putting the folder back I created as backups and some saves games needed to be stored back via a save mounter. I used https://github.com/AGraber/Playstation-4-Save-Mounter.

So what would happen to my progress/data when I decide not to use the 9.00 JB anymore and just update it with the latest firware. Can I just update and lose the JB. No need to remove / format stuff just like a regular update.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the savedata and trophy folders, yes. that might index them since they're not fake. remember to keep a copy of the app.db and addcont.db (just in case), then transfer those back over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16