Metal shield removal

darrin41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What device is everyone using n what is the best device n method. Please share. I believe this will benefit a lot if people that is struggling n completely damaging there switch. The shield that covers the apu.

Last edited by darrin41,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What device is everyone using n what is the best device n method. Please share. I believe this will benefit a lot if people that is struggling n completely damaging there switch
Do you mean the big plate behind the shell or do you mean the little metal shield over the apu?

Reactions: darrin41

Doctorbeefy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's recommended to use a pair of tweezers and pop out the "clips". Remember the shield almost always bends when you take it out, it's common and just to bend back.
I tried this method and on my v2 I couldn't get the point on my pointy iFixit tweezers into the clip on the shielding. I ended up using a thin plastic spudger and slowly/carefully prying it up it did bend it a bit but I just bent everything back. I started with the spudger on the side that had to be bent up anyway for the flex cable.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well whatever method you use, just be sure to be careful next to the APU. Since depending on Switch, there is two tiny caps there. And if one is missing your Switch won't boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrAllagrande @ MrAllagrande: this chat is public?