PCSX2 HD texture pack group

Metal Gear Solid 3 + Subsistence HD Textures Complete

dorkasaurusrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean it would be possible to upscale Zone of The Enders 2, as well? That's one of the best looking PS2 games, IMO, and I was previously told an upscale of its textures would be impossible, due to it being in this engine...

I really hope you finish this pack, Konami never will give us MGS3 HD and this masterpiece deserves it, for a new generation to be able to experience it properly.

LuismaSP89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
First of all: WOW... Nice :D
Second one... is this for PAL? or NTSC... (I think I know the answer, but I prefer to dream about the opposite answer xD)
In any case, it will be compatible with subsistence? Or only normal MGS3.

Curse_Arms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean it would be possible to upscale Zone of The Enders 2, as well? That's one of the best looking PS2 games, IMO, and I was previously told an upscale of its textures would be impossible, due to it being in this engine...

I really hope you finish this pack, Konami never will give us MGS3 HD and this masterpiece deserves it, for a new generation to be able to experience it properly.
So far, Never tried that game but the way pcsx2 dumps the images of mgs3 is very similar to clock tower 3.
Post automatically merged:

First of all: WOW... Nice :D
Second one... is this for PAL? or NTSC... (I think I know the answer, but I prefer to dream about the opposite answer xD)
In any case, it will be compatible with subsistence? Or only normal MGS3.
The HD textures work in all versions of the game including subsistence.

Last edited by Curse_Arms,

Curse_Arms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the new update of pcsx2 dumping the images, my files got messed up.🤥 I just finish the game so maybe within these days or next week, I will release my HD textures pack. With the old method of dumping and the latest dumping of images in pcsx2.

Last edited by Curse_Arms,

dorkasaurusrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the new update of pcsx2 dumping the images, my files got messed up.🤥 I just finish the game so maybe within these days or next week, I will release my HD textures pack. With the old method of dumping and the latest dumping of images in pcsx2.
Holy fucking shit. After all these years, MGS3 HD for REAL?! Be still my beating heart...

They said it was impossible!

Bl4ckH4nd

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Has a recent update changed the way it dumps textures?

Curse_Arms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy fucking shit. After all these years, MGS3 HD for REAL?! Be still my beating heart...

They said it was impossible!
It is possible but no one would go through it coz it produces too many garbage images but the latest pcsx2 fixes those issues.

Has a recent update changed the way it dumps textures?
Yes! Once I release my pack with the old and latest dumping images, I will update the packs with 100% use of the latest dumping of the pcsx2.

Bl4ckH4nd

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
It is possible but no one would go through it coz it produces too many garbage images but the latest pcsx2 fixes those issues.

Yes! Once I release my pack with the old and latest dumping images, I will update the packs with 100% use of the latest dumping of the pc

Yes! Once I release my pack with the old and latest dumping images, I will update the packs with 100% use of the latest dumping of the pcsx2.
Oh fantastic, my PC is a bit borked at the moment, but I'll have it up and running soon then I'm going to take a look.

LuismaSP89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Done..................
Totally stunning Sir, but how the heck did you manage to get it working for the PAL/NTSC versions at the same time? I have the PAL version and this works like a charm. The other HD textures projects on this forum only works for an specific version of the game. Not both at the same time.

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 351993

The rest of my HD Textures pack is on my YT Channel

Thank you so much for your effort. I have a question. is that normal to feel like not upscaled? i remember it was upscale but maybe the recent pcsx2 has an issue with this hd texture? I didn’t even see your name besides konami logo. Any idea please?

also have another question if you don’t mind.
is there any way or cheat patches to disable grainy (noise) filter in Forbidden Siren 1 and 2 games please?

SpinningTop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the hard work! I have been playing through the metal gear solid games lately, and Bl4ckh4nd's HD textures for MGS2 were very helpful. I just started MGS3, and I am using your textures here.

Quick question: which texture replacement options from PCSX2 do you recommend? Should I be using all three: Load Textures, Async Texture Loading, and Precache Textures? Or just one or two of those? So far, the game seems to be more stable without Async Texture Loading.

Detran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! It is possible. I'm in the middle of the story now hopefully I can finish it soon to start the process.
same. that's the biggest issue I'm having while trying to create my own textures for the game.
I have over 600,000 files and the majority of them are static junk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: