messep up while installing cfw

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by ryukyus, Jun 1, 2009.

Jun 1, 2009
  1. ryukyus
    OP

Member ryukyus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    last time I listen to some moron's tutorial, I just got my psp, was following a tutorial to install the custom,but they said I needed 3.90 instead, after doing all that the freaking psp told me could not find 3.80p, but the psp wont recover so i can use the usb mode to add the 3.80, is that a major problem, or I can just add the 3.80 to the root by using a mini usb, what I'm trying say is is the psp still usable, if i add the needed file which is 3.80 to install

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Which tutorial? Are you using a Pandora battery? What sort of PSP do you have?

3. ryukyus
    OP

Member ryukyus GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Must have been using an old tutorial (care to link it so I can see what went wrong).

Also: what software (if any different to the guide) were you using.

What model of PSP (1000: phat/fat, 2000: slim or 3000: slim with fancy screen). Better if you have the motherboard (you might have been asked to ID the PSP as part of the process).

Exactly what happens when you try to boot it (also try holding "R" when booting: you might be able to get into the recovery menu)?

If you can not get the software working and you have a compatible one then you have the option of a pandora battery/similar. If you ask in the trading forum there may well be someone in Florida that can do it for your (it is not hard to make one and buying one is probably less than $20).

5. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    I suggest that you remake the MMS using Rains Ultra Lite MMS maker (of course you'll need the 5.00 OFW eboot too) and then using that and the Pandora just reflash the firmware.