Messed Up Bad

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by jim2100, Apr 16, 2011.

Apr 16, 2011

Messed Up Bad by jim2100 at 3:45 PM (1,085 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. jim2100
    OP

Newcomer jim2100 Newbie

United States
    Is there any way to fix a DSTWO card if you turned it off during update? (not me, a "friend")

2. azntiger

Member azntiger GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Are you updating to the 3DS or dsi?

3. jim2100
    OP

Newcomer jim2100 Newbie

United States
    Honestly it is a friend and he is on 3ds. What he did was bought a new DSTWO and as he was installing the firmware he accidentally shut it off. Here is what he wrote me:

Hi Jim, you helped me out in the past with the acekard 2i problem I had. I just bought a DSTWO supercard for my 3DS. I accidentally pressed the update function and when I realized it was updating I turned off my 3DS without letting the card update first. Now, when I try and start the card, I get "error update, Enter and wait 3 minutes. I have tried to fix this with my DS lite and I get 2 white screens. I have tried everything, I looked at different guides around the net and nothing. Do you think it's the flash cart or the micro sd card? Anyways, if you know how to fix this can you please help me. Thanks

4. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    AHahahahahahaha...what a loser. He ruined his firmware on the flashcart. Did he try listening to what the DSTWO suggested? As in stick it in a DSLite, turn on the DSLite, tap past the health warning screen and let it sit on the DS menu for 3 minutes (or maybe 10 minutes?) before trying to continue?

5. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Judging by what you're saying, just put the update file where it's supposed to go, put it in a DS, and wait 5 mins.

6. jim2100
    OP

Newcomer jim2100 Newbie

United States
    Thanks all. I passed along your suggestions.

7. Zombie_X

Member Zombie_X GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have the same issue with my DSTWO trying to get the cart to work. It powered off on a previous update when it was at 28% it froze and the system reset it self. I think it lost connection at 28% and that's why it did a reset. So far the guide Supercard posted has not helped me at all and I tried leaving it in the DS for 20 minutes at the menu and nothing.

Still sucks that RHS can't replace the unit since they said they only offer a 90 day policy....

8. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    I swear, this is the 5th thread I've seen with the exact same problem haha. Run the update in a ds lite, and wait ~10min.

9. Zombie_X

United States
    The thing is how can I run the update on the DSLite? I get white screens when trying to run the Supercard and I have tried waiting 20 minutes on both the DSLites main menu ad well as after I launched the Supercard. Nothing works!! The Supercard does not run on any of my DS systems so I can't update it at all.

10. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    Put the update files in all the correct areas, then just run your ds lite and wait. Should do something.

11. Zombie_X

United States
    I have all in the root of a 2GB SanDisk MicroSD and will just let it run for a while. I already tried for like 20 minutes but I'll try again. Do you guys think I should try to launch the DSTWO at all or leave it at the menu hen doing this?

12. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    you're supposed to leave it on the menu when trying to get ur DS to recognize the flashcart, however it will not update the firmware until you are able to get into the plugin menu on the ds2

13. Zombie_X

United States
    OK got some results. I stuck my old state ID in behind the cart and it sees the cart right away now, so I left it sitting a the menu for about 20 minutes then powered off the DS and powered it back on, and still get the error message.

Tried the same thing again but instead launched the DSTWO (after 20 minutes) and got two white screens. I then left it at the white screens for 20 more minutes and didn't get any further.

Not sure what do do now. I might have to buy a new cart in the end....