Menuhax, Homebrew launcher fail

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Raybrand, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Raybrand
    OP

Raybrand Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2009
    United States
    Hi, I've been trying to install menuhax for my 3ds so I can boot into gateway mode without internet.
    I found the instructions in the link below:
    http://forum.hackinformer.com/viewtopic.php?t=620

I was able to make it to step 9 where everything was installed, I could reach homebrew launcher and enter gateway. I powered off my 3ds and when I turn it on my screen is blank, (I believe I chose type 2 instalation, powering it on with or without holding the R button (the button I chose as trigger) the screens are blank anyway).

Has anyone had experience using this technique to install manuhax, if this method has worked before should I format my sd card and try again? Or is there a better method or a quick fix for my circumstance?

2. cravas

cravas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    Portugal
    Oeiras
    You're following a guide from another site and you came here to ask for help???
    Why don't you asked there instead?

Now, after runt mode is gone: What is your System version?
    What console do you have? Old 3DS or New 3DS
    Do you only want Menuhax and Emunand or do you want to install CFW?

Answer to this and we'll be able to help you better.

3. Raybrand
    OP

Raybrand Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2009
    United States
    good point, I didn't think to post my question on that site, maybe because I haven't used it before and didn't have any experience there, whereas I've had some good help here.
    I have an Old 3ds, its 9.2.0-9E, I only want Menuhax and Emunand

Last edited by Raybrand, Oct 16, 2016
  4. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Not to mention you're following a guide that's outdated by over half a year.....

Anyway your firmware is necessary to know since menuhacks was patched in 11.1. If you're updated you can't use menuhacks anyway. If you're still on 11.0 or 10.7 then make sure it actually installed and you're not using an old version of menuhacks, use 3.0, it's the most current version.

It should work fine on 9.2. Make sure you have the boot.3dsx on the root of your SD card for HomeBrew, then re-install menuhacks through browserhacks or whatever you were using.

Last edited by Majickhat55, Oct 16, 2016
  5. cravas

cravas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    Portugal
    Oeiras
  6. GilgameshArcher

GilgameshArcher GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 1, 2012
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    Hoppy likes this.