• Thread starter Kurisuellegarden
  • Start date
  • Views 6,236
  • Replies 20
K

Kurisuellegarden

I just thought that...it should be updated. :wtf:

I hope nobody minds!!!

I'm still using this channels because I'm waiting for Forsaekn's menu so...yeah!
happy.gif

I didn't change anything graphic wise or anything...I just changed the dol in it. =]

cIOS36_rev7 < You need that if you plan on using this too.
biggrin.gif
It installs itself as ios249 and it does replace any of your IOSes from before. Also note, you need a wad with it too so read the readme with it. I can't supply it here. :wtf:

MIOS rev3 < Install that in combination with this to have your gamecube backups work with it, read the readme though because you need another file to have this work which cannot be posted here. =]

(Evidently, there was a bug in 2 so waninkoko released rev3.)

Click here for the MenuPatcher1.1.zip!!!

xnte8p.jpg

Originally put together by nicksasa
Picture by wiishizza
Updated channel by Kurisuellegarden
Original dol by waninkoko

Download Original Dol for Menu Patcher 1.1 HERE!!!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
what about this..
(assuming mios for gc and cios for wii backup are installed ofcourse)
install this channel
install preloader and set crazy intro as autoboot dol
you can configure crazyintro to iimmediately load a channel at the press of a directional button
if you start this menu patcher channel that way, it will then return to the system menu with the disc channel being able to run both wii and gc backups directly
i know softmii can do that too, but this solution would be clean and easy, with little changes to the system

Edit:
Just tried it. And nope, this won't work. Menupatcher crashes with a codedeump. I think it's because preloader renames the system menu and takes its place. So menupatcher can't do it's patching stuff.
But I think the idea is good. If menupatcher would be recompiled to work with preloader (it just has to look for the new name) I think this would still work.

K

Kurisuellegarden

Oh whoops... well, I just made this for myself and I thought I would post it. o_o

K

Kurisuellegarden

You still need to install the new MIOS and then you use the Menu Patcher Channel and it'll reboot your wii with the hooks to play games. :wtf: I use it for now... =]

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
the mario said:
Wait, so this does what SoftMii does without all the intrusive IOS hacking?

well menupatcher only patches the disc channel 'on the fly' in the memory. so after a reboot, you'll have to start it again
so that's why I thought of the thing in my previous post. perhaps someone could try that
my wii is chipped, so I can't test it, as my wii can always run everything from the disc channel

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the mario said:
Wait, so this does what SoftMii does without all the intrusive IOS hacking?

yeah, you also have to run this each time you turn on your wii. its more annoying than actually install the needed files (only once, mind you).

K

Kurisuellegarden

I added the original dol above now... why did you want that. :wtf: It's on waninkoko's site...though, I'm signed up at the spanish forum. o_o

Isn't it uploaded already? Well...I added it now so there ya go!

Playgame38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!
I signed up too and posted, but I still get this, "No tiene los permisos requeridos para ver los archivos adjuntos a este mensaje." weird...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Don Killah said:
maybe there's a post limit to be able to download... like 5/10/25 posts.

No, I don't think so. Sometimes Waninkoko allows downloads without registering (cMIOS) and somtimes not (MenuPatcher). Don't know why, but he does it so...

@Channel: Looks great, always loved this Channel, although I would prefer a Preloder/patcher Combination, if there's one..
frown.gif

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playgame38 said:
Thanks!
I signed up too and posted, but I still get this, "No tiene los permisos requeridos para ver los archivos adjuntos a este mensaje." weird...

it seems to be an issue with the way the forum handles login status, instead of a cookie it looks like it adds a session ID to all your urls. After you login, you'll see a url with something like "&sid=" copy/paste this to the threads URL and it should let you dl what you need.

K

Kurisuellegarden

Um, I added a different link for the MIOS instead of having it be downloaded from their forums. I uploaded it mediafire.
wink.gif

xenxay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm? dont think im doing this righ, maybe someone could help or point me to the right tuturial,

i download these ans cant seem to use em,

Heres what i did,

i put the "cMIOS_rev2-Installer" in the app folder on the sd card,

then put "RVL-mios-v8.wad" in the main sd card

and then put "MenuPatcherv1.1" in the app folder of sd card

put it in the wii, launched homebrew channel and it does even show them in home brew channel,
am i suppose to rename the .dol files or something, what am i doing wrong?

K

Kurisuellegarden

Also, you need his last cIOS for it too. o_o

I guess I'll add that too... xD wow, I didn't know I needed to fetch all the files.
tongue.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No tiene los permisos requeridos para ver los archivos adjuntos a este mensaje.

You don't have the required permition to see the files attached in this message

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water