Votes: 24 50.0%

• Total voters

RiverPerson

Not A Undertale Fan
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
men got their own thing to talk about that women wont understand.
that's why i listen to men signers because they are the only one to understand what we feel.
sure sometimes we will go out of hand and cause issues on the women side, but this is what we actualy feel.
so props to men.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe a 20/80 split favouring male performers if I go through my walking about stuff I might listen to everyday music collection. Absolute favourites as far as would definitely make efforts to see if they are somewhere I can get to would be all male, though most times I have seen them there have been female singers among the supporting/coheadining acts which I was also quite happy to also get a chance to see. I imagine a fair amount of that split being because women are not the most represented among punk and ska singers. Ignore the punk and ska and go for the rest (you can all go through the rate the song thread for my general preferences in music) and it is fairly even as far as things I actually listen to.

So as to be the sexist pig the study wants me to be though I have noticed that among pop songs (kpop aside) it is more often female singers that I actively dislike the work of, male ones I get bored by and tune out. Granted "bored and tune out" is my general approach to pop music.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of music is this based on? To me, the singing is the least important part of the band. I mostly tune out any singing, definitely don't usually listen to the words. If it's real music, doesn't need singing. What good is a male singer if the vocals are just there to cover up the horribly unoriginal instrumentals? At least a female singer can be fantasized about sexually.
I somewhat share that idea of not caring what the lirics are, that's why listen to songs in Japanese even though I don't know the language, I see a voice as more of an instrument but I prefer the tones the female version of said metamorphical instrument make over the male one.

D

Deleted User

My favourite group is all women.
latest
Are you being ironic

OT: It doesn't matter what gender my musician is. If it's just good music i'll listen to it. I DO listen to most male singers though.

D

Deleted User

yea kinda o-o
You were probably thinking of Vocaloids and Utauloids, then. You can create songs using voice banks, that are composed of several sounds made by someone, and then adjusted on the software. So, it's making a machine sing with human sounds, basically.
Love Live is an anime, and like all anime (or cartoons, in general), there's someone behind the character doing it's voice.

Reactions: Deleted User

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be quite frankly honest, I don't care what gender, race, creed, or sexual orientation a singer is. You can even sexually identify as an attack helicopter and it wouldn't bother me, but your singing voice must not provoke suicial thoughts.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I somewhat share that idea of not caring what the lirics are, that's why listen to songs in Japanese even though I don't know the language, I see a voice as more of an instrument but I prefer the tones the female version of said metamorphical instrument make over the male one.
Yea i know. I like a female singing in Japanese or Korean even when I don't know who they are. I have no interest in listening to anything that shows up on American Idol.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

LOL. If we go to that point, sure people can fantasize sexually about male singers. You think both women and homosexuals don't listen to music?

Of course they do. But we are talking about the male side, not the closer to even female side. Boy band fans are exclusively female for example. And homosexuals are a minority, and don't skew the statistics that much. That if anything only reinforces the male male.

My point is that the male singers I listen to just happen to be male, because those kinds of bands are mostly male. I didn't pick them because they were male. When my favorite band uses a guest female singer, that makes it the same or better, not worse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls