Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm still trying to figure out if my PSP can be hacked Pandora-style. Just saw the guide and it seems pretty easy to find out on my own as soon as I get a memory stick. Thing is - Which one?

I want to get a big one, probably a 16gb if I can find one.
But I don't know which brand is the best choice, or if it's safer [and less expensive] to buy a MicroSD to MS adapter with some big MicroSDHC card.

Your thoughts, please?

Ah, and as mentioned in the topic description, Which is better? ChickHEN hack or Pandora Hack?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Neither is "better" as they both do the same job. I recently helped a friend hack his PSP using MHUSpeed and found it rather easy and very successful. Its not a question of "which is better" but instead "which can I do?"

Any Firmware>5.03 needs a pandora battery to hack unless its a PHA board in which case you're screwed
Firmware

Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
As I don't have a memory stick yet, I can't know the exact mother board. If anyone can help me with the info I provide, then thanks in advance!

Here's what I found out:

PSP slim METALIC BLUE
in the box, the sticker with a bar code says "psp-2006"
the last letter in that sticker which some people use to identify the mother board says "A". [second bar code, last letter, right?]
Firmware that came with it is 4.01
It's an Asia-version PSP. it says "region 3" behind the box.
I can't see any text on motherboard throught the UMD area because the board isn't appearing - everything is covered in there.

If you need any more info I can get w/o a memory stick, I'll try to get it.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it came with 4.01, it's possible that you have a Ta088v3 (PHA mobo), so whatever you do, don't update.

Of course, you might have a CHA mobo that came with 4.01 anyway (but still don't update)
laugh.gif

Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
ProtoKun7 said:
If it came with 4.01, it's possible that you have a Ta088v3 (PHA mobo), so whatever you do, don't update.

Of course, you might have a CHA mobo that came with 4.01 anyway (but still don't update)
laugh.gif
ok, just correcting something... the letter in the barcode sticker is "G"... i.i

I know that I shouldn't upgrade - but now I'm almost sure that I'll have to use semi-hack T_T

Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Yep, I've just tested it. SAD, but true.

Now, please, can someone provide a TRUSTABLE semi-hacking guide for the PSP2000 v3?
I've got some and even a vid, but I just want to make sure.

Also, again on memory sticks - is there really NO PROBLEM in using things like dual MicroSD adapter to store and run your games, music, pics, video, homrbrew and so on?

Sorry if I'm being repetitive, but I'm trying to be cautious... T_T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.