Hacking Memory issues: backup saves only?

Phearoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 16gig memory card isn't cutting it and it sucks. Is there a way to keep the savedata only so I can delete & replace games without wasting time? Thanks if you know!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 16gig memory card isn't cutting it and it sucks. Is there a way to keep the savedata only so I can delete & replace games without wasting time? Thanks if you know!
There is a few options.
  1. If your psn has playstation plus active, you can upload saves to cloud storage. Requires payment. (Minimum of $10 for a month.) I did it this way cause it was safer and faster.
  2. If your game supports cross play (Example metal gear solid hd collection or retro city rampage) You can upload your save to PSN (This is free but only support games with function. Unlike playstation plus, you can upload any game save.)
  3. Copy the game using CMA or back up on a console like PS3 or PS4 I think
  4. If you have 3.60 You should be able to use henkaku molecule app to browse the memory card data. There should be a folder called UX0: Inside there is a folder called user then "00" and folders with save data inside. THIS is your save data from games. You can use filezilla ftp to copy it to a pc, and replace it after format. Or whatever you do.
To be honest, the Playstation plus option is much safer, and so is the cross play save and the CMA but I never confirmed the 4th method personally. Perhaps someone else can confirm? Just be careful okay?

Don't ask me about rincheat as i yet to have use it. It only works on games dumped by vitamin and i have none since all my games are already installed from playstation store and not really a reason to dump any.:unsure:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Phearoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've decided doing what I've been doing makes the most sense, aka using qcma to transfer games including saves. The way I figure is that I won't have to have enough space to reinstall these games PLUS having the vpk on card so it will save space. The only problem is that I have a USB2 (not USB3) drive so it actually takes awhile to transfer large files to and from my PC. Luckily it is still faster than using an FTP but yeah, fuck the Sony memory card monopoly.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB2 or USB3 makes no difference, the system only functions to its limitations so, it is that. USB transfers is faster than wireless, but the nerve of transfering the WHOLE GAME to preserve save data is mind numbing to the greates degree, To be honest while vita has that bad side, it does have cloud save for some games and playstation plus (Even though you must pay) Wii u games have no way of preserving save data. In other words, you break the system, you got to start all over from square one. Be glad is not worst like that.:glare:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse