Gaming Memory cards for the PSP

roguetrip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just picked up 2x 8GB Kingston (Class 4) MicroSDHC cards from newegg for 35.xx w/ free shipping. The reviews keep coming up that the card has writes above class 4, something like 7~8MB/s write, 11MB/s read.

Gotta be careful with some of those cheap ones just due to transfer rates alone.

So I'll have 16GB in the PSP, move the 8GB in it currently to my DS, and then move the 4GB in the DS to the Wii. Move the 2GB in my Wii to my Sansa Fuze. Gotta love these lil Micro SD's!

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, still no reply to my post, so I'm going to ask again.

Does someone here have a site that lists/compares the various PSP memory cards for speed on the cards 4GB and higher? I'm thinking like the 4, 8 and 16GB Sandisk vs Sony Mark 2 cards as I'd love to read up on it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't like Blackspeed as much as PSXReality because it's less accurate, but seeing as i can't recall where i saw a PSXReality results topic it'll have to do.

Check here for a relatively big list of speed test results for a range of sticks.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Damn that's just terrible even on the first page. Real sony gets as low as under 1MB a sec on some transfers, and then the marked FAKE SONY and SanDisk stuff gets like 2x times faster moves. Wow if that's legit, that's pathetic.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Many Sony MS arn't made in Japan anymore. The factories in China just simply don't have the technology or care to make a good quality MS.

ragingchaosgod

JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I was thinking of checking on ebay.ph. Ya never know.
And if CDR King knows anything about those things.

Yup. Found a lot of listings on Ebay.ph and they're for 400php with free shipping. Might work.

ragingchaosgod

JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Yup! They're the dual slot kind~
Bolster that with two Kingston micros and you're sold~

Now back to my original question: How would you use it as an MMS? Would I have to go through the entire process of installing 5.03 again and then ChickHEN and GEN C on one stick?

DukeZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jolan said:
Photofast + 2x16 GB Micro SD is the best decision money can buy.

I've been considering this option for a while now. From what I've read, Sandisk is the quality brand I'd want to buy, but they stopped producing class 4/6 microsds, it seems. Would using two class 2 16 GB Sandisks hurt the performance? I don't give a damn about slowdown in the XMB as long as backed up games run full speed.

Thanks in advance.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DukeZero said:
Jolan said:

I've been considering this option for a while now. From what I've read, Sandisk is the quality brand I'd want to buy, but they stopped producing class 4/6 microsds, it seems. Would using two class 2 16 GB Sandisks hurt the performance? I don't give a damn about slowdown in the XMB as long as backed up games run full speed.

Thanks in advance.
I use a class 2 16 GB Sandisk and I haven't had any slowdown problems.

DukeZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Magmorph said:
DukeZero said:
Jolan said:

Thanks in advance.
I use a class 2 16 GB Sandisk and I haven't had any slowdown problems.

Guess that settles it for me. Thanks for the fast reply!

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
lukands said:
dib said:
xist said:
$20 wasted.
They always go to dealextreme. That's why you shouldn't even bother with these topics.

Somebody asks for a flash cart recommendation, then runs to dealextreme. One month later they're back here wondering why it doesn't work with firmware updates and everybody has to explain that they bought a fake.

Somebody asks for memory card recommendations, then runs to dealextreme. One month later they're back here wondering why their games are skipping and everybody has to explain that the read time sucks and to buy a better card.

The mentality around here never ceases to amaze me: "okay there's this product that I can buy and it will let me play all the games that exist and are still being produced, download them for free and I can play them as many times as I want. But I'm unwilling to pay more than $20 for it. Or if it's $19 on a decent site when dealextreme has it for fifty cents cheaper, I'm going with dealextreme. I am so poor that I need those fifty cents!"
I have edited my post. I`m not sure why you think its $20 wasted?, I have used many of these possibly fake cards, never had one single problem. Obviously I don`t keep anything important stored on them and I for sure don`t use them in my camera, tv, etc.. I was only offering a cheap option. Anyone who thinks their not taking a chance with fake or clone stuff should have their head examined, most of the time if its cheap its cheap for a reason, buyer beware!
Ok, received my memory stick. To all who want to piss on DX, card works fine, no complaints with read/write and play speeds. $20 well spent.....or maybe I got lucky??

melvox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xist said:
Just wait....

DAN-DAN-DAAAAAAAN ~!!

(couldn't restrain myself)
biggrin.gif

ON:

Really happy with the Photofast. faster than my old MS and combined with the power of M33, it's become a blast to play!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol