Memory Card Upgrade Help

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by dartdude6, Sep 28, 2009.

Sep 28, 2009

Memory Card Upgrade Help by dartdude6 at 7:36 PM (607 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. dartdude6
    OP

Member dartdude6 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've been wanting to upgrade my flash cart lately from my M3DS Real to an Acekard 2i because AKAIO seems to have better compatibility than M3 Sakura with some new games (Pokemon HG/SS, Mario and Luigi RPG 3) and I honestly like AKAIO better than M3 Sakura. Anyways, I also wanted to upgrade my MicroSD from a 2GB to an 8GB. I was looking at a 8GB Class 4 Kingston MicroSDHC on Amazon.com (Link: http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-microSDHC-M.../dp/B001CQT0X4). I've heard Kingston is one of the best for MicroSD's (I currently use a 2GB SanDisk SD), but does anyone have this MicroSD? And if so, how's the compatibility on it? Does it run the Castlevania games well?

EDIT: Also, how is this card? (Link: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDHC-CL.../ref=pd_cp_e_3). It's a Sandisk Class 2, but I have no idea how MicroSDHC Classes affect performance on an Acekard 2i.

2. Whooosh

Member Whooosh GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    I have an AK2i with AKAIO 1.5 and a Sandisc 8gb class 2 SDHC micro sd(the EXACT same type you linked to)

The bigger the SD the faster in general but 8gb is definatly more than enough. It will hold a LOAD of games.

I reccommend AK2i instead of sakura(as long as you dont miss real time save.) the latest AKAIO even supports DSi enchanced games(extra features on the game and such)

Ak team claim the brand of sd you use will not slow down the card in any way.

3. sonicwii24

Newcomer sonicwii24 Member

United States
    My sister is using an 8 GB Kingston on her Acekard 2i, she says that Castlevania runs perfectly, I have an 8 GB Sandisk and is the same thing, same speed and same compatibility right now. Both with A.K.A.I.O. 1.5.

4. phoenixclaws

Member phoenixclaws GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well nobody is actually able to support DSi enhanced yet. They can run the DS mode of the DS/DSi hybrid though. Until somebody can actually make a feasible way to hack into the DSi mode, not much can be done.

RTS isn't that great since most games allow you to save in a variety of places. A couple games you can turn on a cheat to allow you to save anywhere. Honestly, RTS is only for people who can't stand being a loser [​IMG] and are an impatient player.

5. dartdude6
    OP

Member dartdude6 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well according to the posts in this thread, Class 2 and Class 4 doesn't effect speed for the Acekard, so I'm just gonna get the 8GB SanDisk Class 2 since it's cheaper.

6. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    Castlevania PoR is fixed in this AKAIO release, and should not freeze anymore, regardless of card. The other two games never had problems to begin with (except some occasional slowdown). One of the cards I use is Sandisk 1GB micro SD and it works just fine.