jjgp08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cyclods-evolution.com
XP
Country
which memory card is recommended for the AceKard?? Is it essential to use class 4 and 6 only?

I use SanDisk, has anyone had problem with using SanDisk and AceKard??

I am only asking due to a few comment that I came across in the forums

Comments Please??
yaynds.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i've used 1 and 2gb japanese branded kingstons and now an 8gb class6 transcend. the consensus is that the a-data and transcend cards have better data rate. i have read about kingston class4/6 cards that have issues with speed and lag. as long as you use the panasonic formatter you should be fine not matter what you pick.

just keep in mind that class6 is faster, when you are talking about a larger capacity card it would be better to go faster than slower.

if you live where newegg ships you can get the transcend i mentioned for 17.99 with free shipping.

-another world

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In the UK I would recommend LowPriceMemory, as they have 8GB MicroSDHCs which work smashing with my flashcarts. The Sandisk Ultras work with high cluster/Panasonic Formatter, and the Transcends work a treat. In the £15 ballpark, too.
biggrin.gif

thesaint08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jjgp08 said:
which memory card is recommended for the AceKard?? Is it essential to use class 4 and 6 only?

I think only 4GB+ cards have speed classes, so it's not required to have 4/6 speed cards.

QUOTE(jjgp08 @ Jan 5 2009, 07:01 PM) I use SanDisk, has anyone had problem with using SanDisk and AceKard??

I am only asking due to a few comment that I came across in the forums

Comments Please??
yaynds.gif

I haven't had any problems with any brand of card. I have used Sandisk, Kingston, Transend and Toshiba.

7 dayshop have good prices, I have a thread on HotUKdeals (thesaint) which I keep the best prices I can find for Micro SD cards regularly updated.

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered an OEM Class 4(8GB) MicroSD SDHC memory card with my Acekard 2.1 from DX. I wanted the Kingston class 4 MicroSD but this was out of stock. I wanted something in stock so I went ahead & bought this one but it was listed as "New" from the site so no reviews. Thanks!

thesaint08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tonybologna said:
I just ordered an OEM Class 4(8GB) MicroSD SDHC memory card with my Acekard 2.1 from DX. I wanted the Kingston class 4 MicroSD but this was out of stock. I wanted something in stock so I went ahead & bought this one but it was listed as "New" from the site so no reviews. Thanks!

You could have got a branded class 6 card in the UK cheaper.

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thesaint08 said:
tonybologna said:

I'm in the USA & did order from DX but I wasn't aware of any cheaper prices for one like I purchased. I think I paid like $15-$16(US). Thanks!

meetycheesy20037

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tonybologna said:
thesaint08 said:
tonybologna said:

I'm in the USA & did order from DX but I wasn't aware of any cheaper prices for one like I purchased. I think I paid like $15-$16(US). Thanks!

www.meritline.com is selling a 2 pack 4gb microsdhc for $14.99 w/free shipping(US).
http://www.meritline.com/116-274-002.html

daydreamjohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys, which card do you think is better for the acekard2?

Transcend Class 6 8GB Micro SDHC Flash Card Model TS8GUSDHC6

or

Kingston Class 4 8GB Micro SDHC Flash Card

One is a faster class while the other is a better brand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter