NOTWORKING123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
he doesn't even have a ModChip or Homebrew on his Wii....!!!
wacko.gif
gotta find my sd card and then borrow twilight from my friend

NOTWORKING123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
If you have severe issues with your burned discs, you need to check the quality with dvdinfopro for example. Please post your result here, and if your burner doesn't support a pipo test, then your burner can't be trusted.

NOTWORKING123 said:
simple version- my problem is that my wii cant read memorex,im nub whats a disk utility? any ways when i got o disk channel a big question mark appears. maybe my wii can only read dvd+rs like some wierd wiis

If you use Gamma the disc channel will never recognize backups. That's a rebooter or cioscorp only thing.
how exactly do i check it

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You really thought that you can just insert some burnt game and the Wii will read it, either from the disc channel or the Homebrew channel...???

how old are you BTW..??
Do you still believe in Santa and the Baby's coming from France...??

Not flaming, just want to know how many information you have, since you don't even have the SD inside the Wii

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
NOTWORKING123 said:
how exactly do i check it

Forget it, you don't have what it is need to run your burned games, search for WiiGator's blog and read the instructions over there, got it...??

again not flaming...!!
smile.gif

Nelson9937955

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
Thats why nexxtech outsources to Mitsubishi and CMC the same places Verbatim and TY do. They are the same quality and they are WAY cheaper.

Crack kills buddy. Enjoy all your coasters a few months down the line.

D

Deleted User

No listen.. the problem is, he doesn't even have HBC or loader or modchip installed!

He's trying to burn a disc and play it on an unmodded wii

glitchbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically if you can confirm that the discs are made in Japan or Taiwan or South Korea then you are likely good to go. Also Memorex DVD-R's may or may not work for you but either way they are not good quality discs imo to constantly use the Wii is probably working over time trying to read them.

Also I order 200 packs of Taiyo Yuden dvdr's from meritline and without a doubt they are the best quality dvd-r's I have ever used. Also if Dual Layers Memorex's are extremely bad quality and do not work in a lot of drives.

Sometimes you can update the firmware on your DVD burner and it will allow you to burn on other media that previously was not working, while other times the media just sucks and still will not work.

Good luck.

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using Memorex for ages with my Wii backups and I've never had a coaster. They all work flawlessly too. Though just lately I bought a pack of Memorex DVD-R DL for 360 games and 3/7 games I burnt with them gave multiple Disc Read Errors. I'm assuming Memorex must've changed their manufacturing process or they're just plain better for single layered discs.

I'm just lucky I was able to take the pack back to the retailer for 2 Verbatim spools.

Lawl @ OP. No offense, just didn't do their research.

NOTWORKING123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
specht said:
I've been using Memorex for ages with my Wii backups and I've never had a coaster. They all work flawlessly too. Though just lately I bought a pack of Memorex DVD-R DL for 360 games and 3/7 games I burnt with them gave multiple Disc Read Errors. I'm assuming Memorex must've changed their manufacturing process or they're just plain better for single layered discs.

I'm just lucky I was able to take the pack back to the retailer for 2 Verbatim spools.

Lawl @ OP. No offense, just didn't do their research.
i think my disks are really old. got them ages ago

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
This topic made me lol.
Don't expect him to answer, he probably doesn't know what a Backup Loader or a modchip is.

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have read a ton on this topic.

I KNOW that +R's are not the best way to do this, but I have no choice, and I have successfully changed my booktype.

For those of us who MUST use +R, is there a recommended brand? Is it still Verbatim, I see for -R's they are the disc of choice, but I was worndering if it applies to +R as well.

The other thing, there is a program out there that will compare the data on the burned disc to the data in the img file, and is much more robust than the imgburner verification. It returns a result in a %, usually 85+ equals a good burn.

Can someone tell me the name of this program, as I have looked all over the forums and have been unable to find it again, thanks.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
richglix said:

I KNOW that +R's are not the best way to do this, but I have no choice, and I have successfully changed my booktype.

For those of us who MUST use +R, is there a recommended brand? Is it still Verbatim, I see for -R's they are the disc of choice, but I was worndering if it applies to +R as well.

The other thing, there is a program out there that will compare the data on the burned disc to the data in the img file, and is much more robust than the imgburner verification. It returns a result in a %, usually 85+ equals a good burn.

Can someone tell me the name of this program, as I have looked all over the forums and have been unable to find it again, thanks.

Imgburn has a quality check? I thought verification is to check if the data can be read at all, so a rating below 100% would mean really really bad burn.

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
richglix said:

Imgburn has a quality check? I thought verification is to check if the data can be read at all, so a rating below 100% would mean really really bad burn.

Well, exactly, its just like a surface check. When I cited the 85, I was talking about this other program, whose name I do not recall. Imagecheck? Something like that? Someone help me out!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag