PS1/2 memor32 memorycard for ps2

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm really interested in this, but I do hope some places sell it for a bit cheaper.

This would be great as I don't particularly want to take my ps2 apart for a modchip, and even Swap Magic still seems a bit too rough of a solution.

Not going to get cheaper untill someone else makes a rival one. While they're the only one on the market , the price will stay high.

neo_hito

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
exsphere.net
XP
Country
wtf.gif
really? 1 second?
hmm too bad it'll take an eternity to re-burn all those games..

I really hope the iso loading through usb would work well... cuz my ps2 lens is dying at the moment.

I've tried usbextreme but the loading time (in game) is horrendous.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wtf.gif
really? 1 second?
hmm too bad it'll take an eternity to re-burn all those games..

I really hope the iso loading through usb would work well... cuz my ps2 lens is dying at the moment.

I've tried usbextreme but the loading time (in game) is horrendous.

Will be the same. Ps2 usb ports are 1.1 , not fast enough to load games from.

Zorn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmm want to get this for xmas. please tell me:
Do you need special DvDs for the game isos?
and can you load games from any usb hdd with this memor32?

D

Deleted User

My playstation just flashes uslessly on boot with the latest firmware (12e.) Disappointed.
frown.gif

mong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
consolesource seems to have mixed reviews. However, I hadn't had any problem with them so far.

As for the other resellers, I've heard decent reviews from people who bought their flash cart from them.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the list TheMute and I second what mong said about the three dealers.

Now to decide whether to get one (even with the fact currency is weak it is still damn expensive).

Zorn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
somewhere on their site you can read:
- Works on v3-v16(SCPH-7900x) PAL and USA PS2

I own a SCPH 30004
Which version is it? :-o

mong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
somewhere on their site you can read:
- Works on v3-v16(SCPH-7900x) PAL and USA PS2

I own a SCPH 30004
Which version is it? :-o

well, there are websites that can help you find out which version it is. Here's one of them.

http://www.mod-chip.com/en/ps2version.htm

On a side-note, there's a 5$ off coupon you can find on the web for consolesource in case any of you is thinking of buying there. Just google it and you'll find it.

Zorn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
great, I have Console Versions 1 to 3.
But I need to know it more precisely because only version 3 seem to work with it...
frown.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It shouldn't be a V1. 30004 is a Euro ps2. Far as I know there is no V1 Euro ps2. I believe we started at V3 due to the later release here.

Should be V3 or V4.

10 screws =V3
8 screws + electrical warning stamped in bottom = V4.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless I am mis-understanding something it wont take 1 sec to patch each game, as you have to do the following

1)convert burnt game to ISO (5-10 mins for my drive)
2)patch the iso (maybe 1 second but probably more like 5 seconds)
3)reburn the iso on new dvd/cd (again 5-10 mins to reburn the dvd)

so we are looking at 10-20 mins a dvd and really big games could take even longer. now multiply the mins by 200. Ill prob end up getting this thing anyways cause you also get a big memory card as well. It will also be nice to not use the dam slide card anymore (I have the old ps2). Hopefully they will find a way to have it boot unpatched DVDs but I think it wont be possible as the PS2 will not mount any dvd that doesnt pass its check.

This is just a guess but if you use the memory card to load to a boot loader like cogswap and use slide card to swap discs like normal it should work, without patching the disc. Can anyone confirm?

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
unless I am mis-understanding something it wont take 1 sec to patch each game, as you have to do the following

1)convert burnt game to ISO (5-10 mins for my drive)
2)patch the iso (maybe 1 second but probably more like 5 seconds)
3)reburn the iso on new dvd/cd (again 5-10 mins to reburn the dvd)

so we are looking at 10-20 mins a dvd and really big games could take even longer. now multiply the mins by 200. Ill prob end up getting this thing anyways cause you also get a big memory card as well. It will also be nice to not use the dam slide card anymore (I have the old ps2). Hopefully they will find a way to have it boot unpatched DVDs but I think it wont be possible as the PS2 will not mount any dvd that doesnt pass its check.

This is just a guess but if you use the memory card to load to a boot loader like cogswap and use slide card to swap discs like normal it should work, without patching the disc. Can anyone confirm?

why would you create a new iso from the burnt disc, when you just need the archives to unpack and patch the iso? The only time you would need to extract the game is if you got rid of the original archives, which is your own fault if it is the case, just burn the archives to a dvd if you need space

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: