Melty Blood DS

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Feb 24, 2009.

Feb 24, 2009

Melty Blood DS by Another World at 1:49 AM (3,529 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    [​IMG] Melty Blood DS
    BETA
    [​IMG]

This homebrew is an NDS adaption of a 2D fighting game series. The DEMO currently has 1 character, 1 fighting arena, and 1 music track.

[​IMG] Off-site DEMO Download
    [​IMG] Source
    [​IMG] Discuss

2. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    the name is...quite appealing.

3. DemonicChocobo

Member DemonicChocobo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh wow, this is great news, I was just about done getting all the endings of Tsukihime on VNDS.
    (Just got Kohaku's route left.)

4. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i know this port comes out of another series of games, but i don't know that much about it. would you be so kind as to provide more information for everyone who views this thread?

-another world

5. Zarcon

Former Staff Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.

Canada
    Melty Blood is a 2D fighter featuring characters from the visual novel Tsukihime.
    It's a fast paced, combo based fighter closest to feel with the Guilty Gear fighters.

Knowledge of the background story isn't necessary to enjoy the game, but if you've played Tsukihime then Melty Blood is an official unofficial sequel to Tsukihime following the (as yet) non-existant Satsuki story line.

===============

This comes as quite a pleasant surprise, haha.
    I'll have to see how it plays.

===============

Okay, it's a pretty basic demo. More like a tech demo than a game demo.
    Character can only move left to right and crouch.
    It's smooth enough so far, I wish the coder the best of luck as the DS could do with a decent fighter.

6. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    This shows serious potential. Melty Blood is one of my favorite fighters.

7. Pizzaroo

Member Pizzaroo douchebag

United States
    This just reminded me that I still have meltyblood PS2.

8. SoulAnger

Member SoulAnger MENUdo's Developer

Philippines
    It is an official storyline, its just another route. The original route was on the Visual Novel sequel, Kagetsu Tohya. Type-Moon was largely involved on Melty Blood series, hence Kinoko Nasu himself made the story (and the characters).

As for this being similar to Guilty Gear, IMHO, no. Melty Blood (the first one) closely resembled Watanabe's other work, Queen of Hearts. As the franchise progressed, it became a much more unique fighter, which incomparable to any fighter I played. You can only compare this to the GG series because its the only mainstream fighter closest to it's style.
    I love fighting games, and this is undoubtedly my favorite fighter. I cant express enough my love for this game. [​IMG]

9. zogenie

Newcomer zogenie Member

United States
    omg~ i want to try this so bad. alot of my friends play this on ps2 and pc. thank you [​IMG]

10. HavQ

Newcomer HavQ Member

Finland
    Actually, Melty Blood doesn't resemble Guilty Gear at all. The only thing they share in common is the genre being 2D fighters.

11. Zarcon

Former Staff Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.

Canada
    That was the intention, yes. GG was the only mainstream fighter I could think of with a similar pacing. [​IMG]
    Also, I said official unofficial for a reason. It's official and...canon for the most part. If we took it at face value then Shiki would be able to fight Arcuied on even footing...and that's laughable at best.
    Not here for a power level argument as they would say though.

And yes, this is also one of my favorite fighters so I really hope this makes some big strides.

12. SoulAnger

Member SoulAnger MENUdo's Developer

Philippines
    This is being out of topic, but oh well. I love a nice chat.

If I remember correctly, Sion gave Shiki a taste of Etherlite. (Which temporary unlocks the body's potential) Because of this, Shiki was able to use his body, similar to what he would be like as Shiki Nanaya which is a blood of ultimate assasins. Sion was surprised enough about Shiki having so much potential locked inside of him. Remember, when Shiki got his Nanaya-n bllood triggered, Arcueid herself got surprised with his skill. (Hence he even got herself killed) [​IMG]

Kinoko is awesome, there are little to no plot holes to his stories. The only thing I'm not sure about is why (Vampire) Satsuki got the power of a Death Apostle inside of her. Oh well, maybe the upcoming Satsuki route would explain. [​IMG]