Homebrew RELEASE melonDS for Switch — continuation

MEPO29

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hello. Whenever I hit browse in melonDS and try to go into the folder where all my roms are, the homebrew freezes and i have to close the software and wait until it crashes to launch it again. I really don't know what is going on and would appreciate if anyone could help me fix this.

MEPO29

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hello. Whenever I hit browse in melonDS and try to go into the folder where all my roms are, the homebrew freezes and i have to close the software and wait until it crashes to launch it again. I really don't know what is going on and would appreciate if anyone could help me fix this.

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

RinkuSonic41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Off-topic much?
not much since he's using an intellivision emulator over a ds emulator (?)
Hi catlover007. Your melonDS emulator works great for the Switch for my .nds games. When I try to run a DS emulator for the Intellivision called Nintellivision, it only display a white screen. The DS emulator I am referring to is in the link below.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/introducing-nintellivision-an-emulator-for-the-ds-dsi.593786/

I put the file NINTV-DS.nds in the same rom directory as with the rest of my .nds games.
have you tried using Retroarch to emulate intellivision?

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not much since he's using an intellivision emulator over a ds emulator (?)

have you tried using Retroarch to emulate intellivision?
I think the Nintellivision emulator for NDS with the file NINTV-DS.nds is not working in melonDS may be because it is not in the rom list. The melonDS has a file called romlist.bin.

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the Nintellivision emulator for NDS with the file NINTV-DS.nds is not working in melonDS may be because it is not in the rom list. The melonDS has a file called romlist.bin.
romlist.bin is integrated into melonds.nro since a few versions ago. For homebrew it shouldn't matter at any time (it's only rom hacks where the romlist can be problematic).

The issue you have might be that the homebrew requires some sd card setup. melonDS does support emulating that, but I haven't added support for that in the Switch frontend.

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
romlist.bin is integrated into melonds.nro since a few versions ago. For homebrew it shouldn't matter at any time (it's only rom hacks where the romlist can be problematic).

The issue you have might be that the homebrew requires some sd card setup. melonDS does support emulating that, but I haven't added support for that in the Switch frontend.
Thank you for the explanation. You are right. I also tried the StellaDS emulator and it resulted in a white screen as well. I suspect other DS homebrews and emulators will not work as well based on your statement earlier. I appreciate your work on the melonDS for the Switch. MelonDS for the Switch works very well.

Last edited by Tomtani1,

Hleb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
is there any way to change controls? i can't play Hotel Dusk properly because it needs to be with different rotation. i swapped it, but controls are also swapped, and i can't play it properly. it works when i change gui, but it isn't really a good option cause then i always need to turn over my head to see menus :/

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi thanxs for the emulator How can i change the language of the roms from english to spanish
read the FAQ.

is there any way to change controls? i can't play Hotel Dusk properly because it needs to be with different rotation. i swapped it, but controls are also swapped, and i can't play it properly. it works when i change gui, but it isn't really a good option cause then i always need to turn over my head to see menus :/
that's intentional, they're swapped as if you had rotated a real DS. So while the button names don't match anymore, they're placement does (which in my eyes in far more important). There's currently a bug with this mode though for touchscreen input.

Reactions: Zukov

tman708

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea on when retroarchs version will receive its next update? I enjoy this version however I like to use ROM specific nro forwarders for retroarch cores for aesthetic and ease of use and its not possible with this version of MelonDS. I assume there is no plan on adding this feature to the standalone since its not a "supported" way of loading content though.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea on when retroarchs version will receive its next update? I enjoy this version however I like to use ROM specific nro forwarders for retroarch cores for aesthetic and ease of use and its not possible with this version of MelonDS. I assume there is no plan on adding this feature to the standalone since its not a "supported" way of loading content though.
if any rom works fine with retroarch as from melonds standalone you can inject with retroarch. i doubt with standalone and you might wait longer for retroarch to get nearly perfect as standalone

tman708

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if any rom works fine with retroarch as from melonds standalone you can inject with retroarch. i doubt with standalone and you might wait longer for retroarch to get nearly perfect as standalone
I have no idea what you are trying to say in this. But, retroarchs version does not have good compatibility unless you run max overclocks so its useless for portable play, but it is the only way to run ROM forwarding NSPs. I know that the PSP standalone emulator has the ability to run roms similar to retroarch, but this does not.

Reactions: kidkat210

pitrako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might sound stupid but it's possible to connect an usb type c camera to the switch for games with camera support on melonds?, or doesn't work for any homebrew?

catlover007

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I might sound stupid but it's possible to connect an usb type c camera to the switch for games with camera support on melonds?, or doesn't work for any homebrew?
I think that it would be theoretically possible, though camera support in melonDS is still WIP in general, so there's currently no point in researching that. Also there's a camera in the right joy con which can be used as well!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end