ROM Hack Megaman Starforce 3 Undub

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ChaosBoi said:
Are there really any voice works in this game? The only ones I've heard so far is the title screen, and that doesn't really bother me at all.
When Geo is about to wave change, he shout "Transcode megaman...", with this undub he shout "Transcode Rockman..." (with japanese accent). I didn't notice all the voice over, maybe there're more. And I like this undub
smile.gif

Taedirk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShinRyouma said:
ChaosBoi said:
Are there really any voice works in this game? The only ones I've heard so far is the title screen, and that doesn't really bother me at all.
When Geo is about to wave change, he shout "Transcode megaman...", with this undub he shout "Transcode Rockman..." (with japanese accent). I didn't notice all the voice over, maybe there're more. And I like this undub
smile.gif

Special Attacks get a voiceover (Atom Blazer, Black End Galaxy, etc); Multi-noise/Finalize too. Menu and WiFi have some speaking that may or may not have all made it into ENG version (went straight into a dubbed copy, never tried it without)

Caracarn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might wanna mention in the first post...
game ID changes when you apply the patch

Black Ace changes from
CRBE 7AE1AAEC
into
CRBE 0465CCDB

Red Joker changes from
CRRE 78B0FB0B
into
CRRE D2AB8D71

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Undubbing is a type of video game hacking, which involves modifying the contents of an officially localized video game to match the audio and voice acting to its country of origin while retaining the translated text of the country in which it has been localized.

A typical candidate for an undub is a Japanese game which has been published in the U.S. with text translated, voice acting re-dubbed in English by the localizing publisher and with no option in game available to change the audio back to its orgional language due to lack of space in the media or by choice of the localizing individual. The process of undubbing consists of reverse-engineering the contents of both the localized and the original versions of the game, locating the audio resources within a ROM or an optical media image in the localized game, and replacing them with the audio data from the original version.

tldr: Replacing the USA Voicework with the JPN voicework.

Psycho K

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
saiko-k.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Caracarn said:
might wanna mention in the first post...
game ID changes when you apply the patch

Black Ace changes from
CRBE 7AE1AAEC
into
CRBE 0465CCDB

Red Joker changes from
CRRE 78B0FB0B
into
CRRE D2AB8D71
(I am not sure if I'm "necroing" this topic without good reason or something. Sorry if so.)

I think this is why I cannot use cheats for my patched Red Joker. I'm using an Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.5 and when I check the properties for the original North American NDS file, a cheat list is available. After patching it, it is not. The cheats are coming from the USRCHEAT.DAT from this site. Is there a way to resolve this issue?

Psycho K

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
saiko-k.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
That did the trick. Thanks. I just realized that I have the same problem with my patched (with JP audio) Mega Man Star Force 2: Zerker x Ninja game so I felt I'd just ask here. I do not know what the original game code was or what it changed to. In the game properties I am only seeing the first four characters of the code (YRVE) which probably did not change. What do I use to see the full game code (YRVE ????????) so I can make the same kind of changes I did for SSR3?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4