Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
Schlupi said:
Er... I think the demo should be free.

I don't like the idea of demos costing money unless they offer something exclusive in game for the full version (like how Dissidia Prologus gave Areis as an assist).
I agree with you, we are paying to beta test a game that has no guarantee of coming out. But maybe they are trying to see if there is any interest in the game at all?
AFAIR (R meaning read), it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Schlupi said:

I don't like the idea of demos costing money unless they offer something exclusive in game for the full version (like how Dissidia Prologus gave Areis as an assist).
I agree with you, we are paying to beta test a game that has no guarantee of coming out. But maybe they are trying to see if there is any interest in the game at all?
I'm aware of that, that's why I said "has no guarantee of coming out" since the project isn't even greenlit.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
machomuu said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Schlupi said:

I'm aware of that, that's why I said "has no guarantee of coming out" since the project isn't even greenlit.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant AFAIR it's not confirmed whether we have to pay for it or not.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Rock Raiyu said:
machomuu said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Schlupi said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant AFAIR it's not confirmed whether we have to pay for it or not.
You do.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/04/2...totype_version/

The big announcement Capcom was teasing for a Nico Nico Video broadcast that aired yesterday night turned out to be the previously rumored Mega Man Legends 3 Prototype Version, a paid demo that will hit the 3DS e-Shop once it launches (some time in May according to the latest report). The demo will be priced ¥200 in Japan.

¥200 translates to $2.40 USD. That may not be a lot, but still I don't like the idea of paying money to beta test a game that may not even come out. I know SE did something similiar with Duodecim, but at least we knew for a fact that it was coming out.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
machomuu said:
Rock Raiyu said:
machomuu said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Schlupi said:

You do.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/04/2...totype_version/
Darn...well then, I'll pass.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
But maybe they are trying to see if there is any interest in the game at all?

I think that's exactly what they're doing. I normally wouldn't consent to pay for a demo either, but consider the Dead Rising 2 demo. That thing offered a lot more than what you normally get in a typical game demo, and it was a standalone experience that, in my opinion, was worth the price.

Two bucks for an hour (likely) of Legends before it's released? I have no qualms with it.

Anyway, to offer a blanket statement such as "we're paying to beta test it" isn't entirely representative of what they're presenting. If they're giving fans something they want and they're willing to pay for it, there's value, pure and simple. Now, if we're talking about Black Ops on PS3, then yeah, I agree. Those of us who bought the game basically paid $60 to beta test that game during its first couple of months of release. Unfortunately, the time and money spent only really paid off for Treyarch and Activision.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
machomuu said:
It's not like it's going to be expensive. The article Rock Raiyu posted says that it will sell for 200 yen in Japan which is like just over 2$ US
Yeah, but I don't like Megaman Legends anymore. I thought maybe if I tried 3, it my rekindle my enjoyment for the series that I had when I was younger, but I don't really want to pay for it.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God I've been waiting 10 years for this sequel... The megaman legend series of games were awesome and very under played which is a massive shame. Them and the spin-off Misadventures of Tron Bonne were EASILY some of the best action/adventure games on the PS1... I only hope the english version has the original VA for Tron and Roll... And hope they get the guy who did Megaman from MML1 as the girl who did his voice in MML2 was terrible.

Still good games to this day. Beat MML1 about 3 months ago and a good part of the way into MML2... Should really finish it before next month now.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been like 8 years now i've been waiting for legends 3. Honesty the best Megaman series (to me). Would suck if they made it a 3DS exclusive, (i will seriously buy a 3DS just for this fucking game, no shit) can only hope they make a WII port also. Fit's perfectly with the WII, IMO. This game has too much awesome for the 3DS alone. Having the fans idea's incorporated will be a nice. I'm so pumped for this game, Legends 1/2 has to be in my top 10 all time favs.

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what happened to this girl?

2775__590x_010611-aero.jpg

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keva said:
Never really played/liked MM games. Not to hot on the idea of paying for what is basically a demo either. No matter how cheap it is.
Which ones have you played (I assume you've played at least one since you said "really")

Traversal

Soooo cool!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DxEggman said:
what happened to this girl?

2775__590x_010611-aero.jpg

You mean this one?

Mega-Man-Legends-3-12.jpg

She's in there, somewhere.

Anyways, I may pick up the demo version. The game seems interesting so far, and paying around 2 dollars for a decent demo sounds good enough to me.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they don't scam people and charge for what basically is a playable demo. If it's free I'll happily try it as I loved megaman64 (MML1) and want this game. The only way I'd pay for the demo is if it got me an x dollars off voucher for the final product. Paying for a demo sets a bad precedent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked