Hacking Megaman Battle network Save Problem

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a problem wile playing MMBN4/6 on the GBA Emu when using the in game save randomly you will get an error in game and can't save and if you restart the continue button in game is gone,but the save is still on the Micro SD been trying quite a bit to fix it (i made a save state so i wouldn't lose progress) i have deleted the old save (kept a backup) and made a new one (the new one is half the size i wonder if this could be part of the problem) but if i try to load the Save state on the new game and Save i get an Error :/ not sure exactly what is going on but ill include a copy of my MMBN4 red sun U save w/ this post if anyone can get it working let me know how

here is a direct link to the save file i just uploaded http://www.fileden.c...ependent%29.sav

did a Google search and it seems it effects MMBN4,5,and 6 anyone know how to fix this problem or what is causing it in the first place its pretty annoying when ya lose a save :/

and not only that with this problem you can never 100% complete MMBN4 as in order to collect everything you have to beat the game 3 times after ya beat it you get a new game+ option (it carries over chips,money and such) were you can unlock more stuff (you unlock more stuff such as more souls in hard and super hard mode which are activated upon new game+ on the difficulty before) without a working save file you can't use the new game+ so you can't fully complete the game

as for what im using i have a LE SCDS2 on the latest Eos GBA Emu is 1.21 with latest gameconfig.txt

Vaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I beat all MMBN games on my GBA SP xD

anyways, I tried playing some on a GBA emulator for PC, and did have a problem because I accidentally changed the filesize of the savedata in the settings,
idk how it works on DSTwo carts, but if there are settings for that, I guess you can mess with them

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat all MMBN games on my GBA SP xD

anyways, I tried playing some on a GBA emulator for PC, and did have a problem because I accidentally changed the filesize of the savedata in the settings,
idk how it works on DSTwo carts, but if there are settings for that, I guess you can mess with them

did you try my above save linked? if you could try it and let me know if the save works i may just have to move from playing it on my DSi to PC unless the bug is fixed somehow (unless im missing something don't think there is a option to change savedata filesize in the GBA Emu)

and years ago i played the MMBN games on my GBA and GBA SP but have long since lost my old stuff so i decided i was gonna replay the whole series in no specific order (4 is my last to play)

Vaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I tried your save file on VBA, it imported your data successfully, but there was no save data in it (there is only a New Game option)
but it looks like it isn't the file size problem, since I tried to create a save file from VBA and the size is the same as yours (64KB)

idk if your savestate data can be read by VBA or not, but if it can, try loading it to VBA, beat the game, use the normal save, export the .sav from VBA and try loading it on your DSTwo

ah I hope they will creat MMBN7 someday, I just don't feel StarForce the same as MMBN xD

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried your save file on VBA, it imported your data successfully, but there was no save data in it (there is only a New Game option)
but it looks like it isn't the file size problem, since I tried to create a save file from VBA and the size is the same as yours (64KB)

idk if your savestate data can be read by VBA or not, but if it can, try loading it to VBA, beat the game, use the normal save, export the .sav from VBA and try loading it on your DSTwo

ah I hope they will creat MMBN7 someday, I just don't feel StarForce the same as MMBN xD

i hope there is a way to read it :/ i mean ill play it from start again but if i could id like to keep what i had so far thanks for testing though Vaze

here is a copy of my save state if anyone would like to try and load it then see if they can save let me know what happens (and if you can make a save upload it so i can try DLing it and seeing if it works on my end)

http://www.fileden.c...endent%29_1.rts

what really is annoying about this bug is i played through MMBN6 Gregar (played Falzar my first time) on my replay got almost to the end of the game and it got me so i restarted and every time i got so far i would backup saves and kept tons upon tons of save states (as if it gave me the error i would revert to the last save state and try again) with that method i was able to 100% beat the game and keep my sav but it was quite the pain last thing i had expected was to run into the same bug in MMBN4 if i had known it was around i would have a backup save but i guess its to late for that

and yea star force is pretty different than MMBN though it was pretty good if ya played online when it was in its prime

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edited game compatibility Wiki to warn other users about this possible Error hopefully they will keep a backup of there save so they won't lose everything they had gotten so far

Edit:

i think i found some more details on the bug itself i did a google search yesterday and i saw the bug has also occurred on the gPSP Emu for MMBN games (4-6) now looking at this the SCDS2 GBA Emu itself was ported from gPSP on PSP to the iplayer than to DS2 so the Error MMBN games get randomly may be something in the Emulator itself causing it to happen what exactly is causing it im not sure as it is 100% random i had run into it on my MMBN6 a few times and none of the times had anything in common (i had backed up saves so i was able to revert to my last backed up save and play it from that point and usually past the point were the error happened with no problems ) so if anyone could look into this that knows about how the Emulator is coded maybe this error can be corrected or a work around could be made be it a cheat code,a patch for the games,or an entry to add to gameconfig.txt any would be great as long as it makes the games playable without worry of the error causing lose of a save file

MajinKaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m very sorry to necro post, but I’m having the same issue and was wondering if op ever found a solution to it seeing that he’s still rather active here. I didn’t find a way to directly message him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂