MegaBytes To Blocks Converter

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ethanx94, Dec 11, 2008.

Dec 11, 2008

MegaBytes To Blocks Converter by Ethanx94 at 6:34 PM (2,181 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Ethanx94
    OP

Member Ethanx94 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is there a MB to blocks converter anywhere? Also does the wad manager know not to install something if there's not enough space?

2. kallekall

Member kallekall GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can't you just insert a sd into the front slot, start up your wii and then see how many blocks that on the sd. You should then without any problem be able to calculate it yourself.

3. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Erm. No it doesn't. I made that mistake. I installed 4 WiiWare wads, and when it restarted, an error popped up on the main Wii screen saying
    "STOOPID!!! You're out of memory, we are taking you to the deletion screen so you can correct your error. Tard."

I cried for a second, because the system hurt my feelings, but i had to delete 2 of the wads i had just installed, until there was SOME open space.

(side note: while this was a heavily embellished story, the system did not call me names, but it did force me to delete things until space was available. So, if you have other things installed, go one at a time, seeing how much space you have left, just to be safe)

(side note 2: while this was a heavily embellished story, and the system didn't call me names, i DID in fact cry for a few moments, just because i'm such a pussy. Meh, thats life. [​IMG])

4. Ethanx94
    OP

Member Ethanx94 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As long as it doesn't say the dreadful "Files in your wii's system memory are corrupt" message. Then I think I could survive.

5. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Heh yea, no worries. I overfilled my Wii's system memory and it didn't corrupt it [​IMG] Its alll good. Just an inconvenience.

6. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    Technically, 1 MB = 8 Blocks. But wads contain some rendundant data that's already on the Wii so it's hard to say really.

7. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    Google for an app called WadID, with this you drag a wad onto it on your pc and it gives you some info including blocks [​IMG]