Hacking MegaBytes To Blocks Converter

kallekall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you just insert a sd into the front slot, start up your wii and then see how many blocks that on the sd. You should then without any problem be able to calculate it yourself.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ethan94 said:
Is there a MB to blocks converter anywhere? Also does the wad manager know not to install something if there's not enough space?

Erm. No it doesn't. I made that mistake. I installed 4 WiiWare wads, and when it restarted, an error popped up on the main Wii screen saying
"STOOPID!!! You're out of memory, we are taking you to the deletion screen so you can correct your error. Tard."

I cried for a second, because the system hurt my feelings, but i had to delete 2 of the wads i had just installed, until there was SOME open space.

(side note: while this was a heavily embellished story, the system did not call me names, but it did force me to delete things until space was available. So, if you have other things installed, go one at a time, seeing how much space you have left, just to be safe)

(side note 2: while this was a heavily embellished story, and the system didn't call me names, i DID in fact cry for a few moments, just because i'm such a pussy. Meh, thats life.
tongue.gif
)

Deleted member 94204

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kallekall said:
Can't you just insert a sd into the front slot, start up your wii and then see how many blocks that on the sd. You should then without any problem be able to calculate it yourself.

Well I actually need to know how many blocks a wad file takes up that is on my sd card and since nintendo doesn't support piracy they obviously won't tell you how many blocks a random filetype would take up. Thus I would just have to guess. However recently I only have like 77 blocks left. I hope sometime in the near future someone makes a homebrew app that will let you use extra space from a sd card or a usb drive or external hdd.

QUOTE(WildWon @ Dec 11 2008, 12:43 PM) Erm. No it doesn't. I made that mistake. I installed 4 WiiWare wads, and when it restarted, an error popped up on the main Wii screen saying
"STOOPID!!! You're out of memory, we are taking you to the deletion screen so you can correct your error. Tard."

I cried for a second, because the system hurt my feelings, but i had to delete 2 of the wads i had just installed, until there was SOME open space.

(side note: while this was a heavily embellished story, the system did not call me names, but it did force me to delete things until space was available. So, if you have other things installed, go one at a time, seeing how much space you have left, just to be safe)

(side note 2: while this was a heavily embellished story, and the system didn't call me names, i DID in fact cry for a few moments, just because i'm such a pussy. Meh, thats life.
tongue.gif
)

As long as it doesn't say the dreadful "Files in your wii's system memory are corrupt" message. Then I think I could survive.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ethan94 said:
As long as it doesn't say the dreadful "Files in your wii's system memory are corrupt" message. Then I think I could survive.

Heh yea, no worries. I overfilled my Wii's system memory and it didn't corrupt it
smile.gif
Its alll good. Just an inconvenience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol