Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 "X Challenge" mode trailer

Mega-Man-X-PV_06-26-18.jpg

Capcom's latest trailer for the Mega Man X Legacy Collection shows off one of the new features: the X Challenge. This new game mode will let you fight it out in a boss rush mode, with a twist. You'll have to fight two bosses at once, mixing and matching different enemies throughout all the Mega Man X series. You'll be able to pick your abilities and take on the bosses at three different difficulty levels, all of which will have online leaderboards. Some of the combinations are as follows:

• Chill Penguin (Mega Man X) and Frost Walrus (Mega Man X4)
  • Slash Beast (MMX4) and Crescent Grizzly (MMX5)
  • Wheel Gator (MMX2) and Bubble Crab (MMX2)
  • Magma Dragoon (MMX4) and Neon Tiger (MMX3)
  • Spiral Pegasus (MMX5) and Dark Necrobat (MMX5)
  • Web Spider (MMX4) and Wire Sponge (MMX2)
  • Armored Armadillo (MMX) and Rainy Turtloid (MMX6)
  • Blizzard Wolfang (MMX6) and Burn Dinorex (MMX5)
  • Dr. Doppler (MMX3) and Godkarmachine O Inary (MMX3)
  • Vile MK-2 (MMX3) and High Max (MMX6)
Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 (X 1-4) and 2 (X 5-8) will be launching on July 24, for Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope a pallet color editor for the characters exist. I noticed the costume he has on in the trailer is new. Not one from any of the 8 games. Also what the heck is that Suggestive Theme ESRB rating? There is nothing like that in Mega Man game, A GAME FILLED WITH ROBOTS! :wtf:

Priestiality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if they considered adding Vile as playable in 1-3? He was great in Maverick Hunter X. Also, I feel like Web Spider + Wire Sponge is a combo that could have a lot of good synergy, despite traditionally being considered weak individually. A bit confused by Chill Penguin and Frost Walrus. The mechanics of Penguins fight don't seem compatible with the larger room Frost Walrus has. Unless they tone down his sprite he needs a room at least 2x Penguins. I would have liked to see Blizzard Buffalo in place of either.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mixing X 1-3 bosses with X 4-6 bosses look like some Photoshop job :P

Notice no pairing has x7(or x8) bosses. I for one am happy on the x7 lack. Though some of the bosses in x8 were good.
I imagine they did not cause it would be much more work to do with them being 3D rendered models and not just pixels sprites. (maybe in a new update? But then X7 has 3D movement X8 doesn't.) :ninja:

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope a pallet color editor for the characters exist. I noticed the costume he has on in the trailer is new. Not one from any of the 8 games.

Looks to me like they pulled the sprites out of the various games and then drew up new sprites for X to sort of go along with the fights? So, I can't imagine a palette editor actually working really well. Honestly, as much as the challenge mode looks sort of fun, it simultaneously looks sort of horrible precisely because of what I started with: they're presumably recreating the AI in some fashion (Slash Beast can't work with Crescent Grizzly's boss room) so I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense no matter how they spin it. *shrug*

Having said all that, I'm still a sucker for X games so probably am going to buy it when it comes out (and demonstrate how much I suck relatively to speed runners).

Also what the heck is that Suggestive Theme ESRB rating? There is nothing like that in Mega Man game, A GAME FILLED WITH ROBOTS!

X4 has the whole colony drop on a city. X5 something similar (IIRC, it doesn't spell out that humans are killed). Plenty of "Damn" cursing. I'd presume though it's the art style. Draw realistic looking people/reploids, you get a higher rating for equal levels of violence.

Honestly, how ham-fisted the whole X series is, if someone who could write worth a crap and tell a consistent story, the underlying pinning of the X series is actually pretty compelling: what sort of system do you have when you can mass manufacturer sentient people and what does it really mean for someone to go irregular/maverick? The whole Zero/Sigma Virus and the Suffering Circuit (and the whole Mega Man Zero series after) of course basically junks that whole meaningful discussion/story potential. *sigh* But at least in principle, the whole story subject matter is geared towards teens/adults more than children.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
X4 has the whole colony drop on a city. X5 something similar (IIRC, it doesn't spell out that humans are killed). Plenty of "Damn" cursing. I'd presume though it's the art style. Draw realistic looking people/reploids, you get a higher rating for equal levels of violence.
Suggestive themes usually have to do with something leading to innuendo or sexual things. ESRB already rates games with "Violence" and "language" comments. It already says Blood and cartoon violence. :unsure:

Content Descriptors: Blood, Cartoon Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes

Rating Summary: This is a collection of eight games from the Mega Man X game series in which players assume the role of the robotic hero X as he battles evil forces. Players use an arm-canon and robotic upgrades (e.g., flame throwers, explosive bombs) to blast their way through futuristic landscapes and defeat enemies and boss characters. Battles are accompanied by large explosions, impact sounds, and cries of pain. The collection includes clips from an animated movie/series depicting dramatic instances of violence and blood: robots impaled and/or dismembered by laser strikes; a character shot in the face at close range; blood sprays as characters are slashed and killed; blood on robotic characters' hands and around slain bodies. In one menu screen, a female character wears a bikini that reveals large amounts of cleavage.

A menu screen has some robot wearing a bikini? It doesn't say robot, but what else could it be? :wtf:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Axlfox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope a pallet color editor for the characters exist. I noticed the costume he has on in the trailer is new. Not one from any of the 8 games. Also what the heck is that Suggestive Theme ESRB rating? There is nothing like that in Mega Man game, A GAME FILLED WITH ROBOTS! :wtf:
Im gonna take a wild guess and say its Layer's "underboob design" fault.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
pretty cool, but this collection is not about the x zero games right?
megaman zero 1 / 2 etc.

im playing those these days on the gpsp emulator on my vita.

wish they remade some of the battle network games , loved the first.
will be playing 2 3 4 etc on gpsp eventually.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want physical copies of this game, I would suggest preordering as soon as possible. Because if it’s going to be anything like SF 30th Anniversary Collection, they are going to sell out fast. (For the Switch at least)

But on topic, I see they changed Dark Dizzy’s (Dark Necrobat) name. I’m guessing because they wanted to avoid any lawsuits from the Guns N Roses, but they didn’t change Mattrex’s name.

Correction: they did change it. So they gave most of the X5 bosses new names

Last edited by jonesman99,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i guess at this point we have to be lucky it's not actually megaman collection 1, 2 ,3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

megaman zero 1 / 2 etc.

nope, its just the original x series apparently.

the zero games did have a collection port on the ds though, as well as two spiritual sequels in megaman zx1 and zx2

Reactions: leonmagnus99

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the Light and Shadow on aka "Spiral Pegasus (MMX5) and Dark Necrobat (MMX5)" they could have added "Storm Eagle (MMX) and Spiral Pegasus (MMX5)"

Imagine Storm eagle doing at the same time the rushing on X while spiral does the same thing, that was going to be a hard one to evade.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
the zero games did have a collection port on the ds though, as well as two spiritual sequels in megaman zx1 and zx2
thx man, had no idea there was a DS collection.
thing is, its very simple for me to play the gba versions on my vita using gpsp!
the gpsp emu is amazing, i love being able to use save states.

the only downside is there are some graphical jaggies?
when i use dash , but its not a big issue.
i will check out the NDS version, if it plays/looks better i will play it on NDS (3ds) instead

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want physical copies of this game, I would suggest preordering as soon as possible. Because if it’s going to be anything like SF 30th Anniversary Collection, they are going to sell out fast. (For the Switch at least)
I didn't have to pre-order that game. Walked into the store on launch day, no one around and bought a copy.
I, for one, am glad they're using the original names for the X5 Mavericks (Burn Dinorex, Dark Necrobat, Crescent Grizzly) instead of the lame, Guns N' Roses-inspired ones.
All the bosses in the game have lame names. Bet you didn't know what the heck a "kuwanger" is. :P

megaman zero 1 / 2 etc.

At this rate, capcom may just get a collection out on switch or 3DS or other systems. Is possible. Doesn't seem like bad compilation games. :)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: He's the reason why the banks closed lol.