Mega man 10 problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JohnnyDeformed, Mar 2, 2010.

1. JohnnyDeformed
    OP

JohnnyDeformed Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2010
    Iceland, Reykjavik
    I have a pal console so when I downloaded Mega man 10 I had to patch it. This is standard procedure for me, done it on other wiiware games that worked perfectly afterwards. But when I patch mega man 10 and attempt to install it in wadmanager I get an error.
    Any advice, tips? I am using Freethewads that came with a wad pack torrent downloaded a long time ago. Maybe I need a newer version of freethewads? Anybody know of a pal MM10 download?

EDIT: Got it working, check post #15 for recap.

2. damysteryman

damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Oct 4, 2007
    PAL version doesn't exist yet.

What IOS is wad manager running under?
    Is your cIOS249 rev18?
    Are you getting error -1029?

If so, try running wad manager under cIOS202 if you have it installed, or use cIOS249 rev17 or lower.

Or install an unpatched version, and enable a regionfree hack, like the ones in preloader and startpatch.

3. JohnnyDeformed
    OP

JohnnyDeformed Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2010
    Iceland, Reykjavik
    Tell me about enabling a regionfree hack. Are there any risks involved? could you recommend a download?

I have no Idea about the cIOS stuff you mentioned. Where can I check what version I have?

4. Omega_2

Omega_2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    from what I saw/heard, there's issues getting this to PAL, if at all.

5. tHciNc

tHciNc Total Random

Jan 14, 2006
    New Zealand
    works fine for me, so does oneup ntsc release, Rookie Dump maybe ?

6. JohnnyDeformed
    OP

JohnnyDeformed Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2010
    Iceland, Reykjavik
    I think it's a genuine release since when I install it unpatched the channel appears as it should.
    Could you tell me what you did to get it to work?

7. TyrianCubed

TyrianCubed Gamer 1989 to present

Oct 26, 2003
    Italy
    Italy
    I heard you need the latest IOS56 to run it, use dop-ios to get it. for the regionfree, use priiloader and the region free everything hack.

8. DKAngel

DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2009
    Perth,Australia
    mine works on a pal console also take into account i allso have priiloader installed with region free enabled so i dont have to patch the wad

9. JohnnyDeformed
    OP

JohnnyDeformed Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2010
    Iceland, Reykjavik
    Ok so I will get IOS56, what is dop-ios
    Sorry, I haven't dealt with these things on wii before. A friend modded it originally for me. Until now I have only installed channels and apps on my own.

10. damysteryman

damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Oct 4, 2007
  11. JohnnyDeformed
    OP

JohnnyDeformed Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2010
    Iceland, Reykjavik
    Doesn't matter, I am just going to get the region free hacks to save me from future problems, thanks for the provided links. (sorry it took a while for me to reply, I had to attend a class)
    Thanks to everybody who posted in this thread.

12. JohnnyDeformed
    OP

JohnnyDeformed Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2010
    Iceland, Reykjavik
    I installed priiloader and enabled the channel region free hack but I am still having problems starting the game!

Before if I tried to start an un-patched version of the game I would get a message saying that I couldn't open the channel blah blah, but Now when I click it, the screen goes black as if it's loading up the game, but then it just returns me to the system menu.

Does anybody have a clue what to do?

13. JohnnyDeformed
    OP

JohnnyDeformed Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2010
    Iceland, Reykjavik
    I installed IOS56, which an above poster said was necessary for it to run and now when I try to start the game I get a blue screen with error 002 telling me to eject disk and turn off power..?
    I am inept at this :/ help

14. Daco

Daco Banned

Banned
    Oct 15, 2007
    Belgium
    earth
    fix : dont pirate

15. JohnnyDeformed
    OP

JohnnyDeformed Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2010
    Iceland, Reykjavik
    Ok finally works.
    Recap of what I did; Installed priiloader, added channel region free hack. Used dop-ios and downloaded IOS56, apparently I had done something wrong that got corrected by dop-IOS So that's it! thanks everybody couldn't have done it without help!!
    If it makes you feel better then I will have you know I intend on buying it when it releases on xbox360 [​IMG] . Capcom is my favorite company, and 8-bit mega man games have been a passion since I was a kid and first played MM2. I would want nothing less than to support capcom [​IMG] .

16. Jaz808

Jaz808 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 21, 2003
    Melb Aus
    Wwwpacker to region free it and Ios 56 v5405 works for me on a pal wii

17. Und3rtak3r

Und3rtak3r Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2009
    Me myself got a problem. I have installed it and everything. But then the game just return to the sys menu afterwards. So i used wad manager 1.3 installed it from a wad and all.
    Then i went to sys menu, the menu screen showed and it loaded but then it says click and it returns me to sys menu.

I could not use dop-ios to install any ios, it said, cannot [​IMG].
    Must i have ios 56 downloaded or does it download for me when i choose?

Or is my problem something else?

My console is ntsc and i downloaded via wehackwii wii ware wads ntsc-u section. So i guess it should work, just like every other wad.

18. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    That almost certainly means you don't have IOS56. If DOP-IOS isn't working, then get it from NUS Downloader.

19. JohnnyDeformed
    OP

JohnnyDeformed Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2010
    Iceland, Reykjavik
    Like last poster said; You need IOS56. You are experiencing exactly the same thing I did before I got IOS56, Just use dop-IOS. I can't help you though, don't know why it isn't working for you. Maybe you could be more specific as to what happens when you try to use dop-IOS?

20. Tonitonichopchop

Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 9, 2009
    United States
    Does anyone get an error saying something like "You cannot use this channel"? My wii locks up after it appears and then I have to restart. I updated ios 56 with NUS and I still get the error. I'm on 4.0U, region free channels with start patch (Not that it matters since It's a ntsc wad) but it is region free to display in pal since I use a pal tv. Any fixes?