Hacking Mega man 10 problems

JohnnyDeformed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a pal console so when I downloaded Mega man 10 I had to patch it. This is standard procedure for me, done it on other wiiware games that worked perfectly afterwards. But when I patch mega man 10 and attempt to install it in wadmanager I get an error.
Any advice, tips? I am using Freethewads that came with a wad pack torrent downloaded a long time ago. Maybe I need a newer version of freethewads? Anybody know of a pal MM10 download?

EDIT: Got it working, check post #15 for recap.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
PAL version doesn't exist yet.

What IOS is wad manager running under?
Is your cIOS249 rev18?
Are you getting error -1029?

If so, try running wad manager under cIOS202 if you have it installed, or use cIOS249 rev17 or lower.

Or install an unpatched version, and enable a regionfree hack, like the ones in preloader and startpatch.

JohnnyDeformed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tell me about enabling a regionfree hack. Are there any risks involved? could you recommend a download?

I have no Idea about the cIOS stuff you mentioned. Where can I check what version I have?

JohnnyDeformed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TyrianCubed said:
I heard you need the latest IOS56 to run it, use dop-ios to get it. for the regionfree, use priiloader and the region free everything hack.
Ok so I will get IOS56, what is dop-ios
Sorry, I haven't dealt with these things on wii before. A friend modded it originally for me. Until now I have only installed channels and apps on my own.

JohnnyDeformed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

JohnnyDeformed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed priiloader and enabled the channel region free hack but I am still having problems starting the game!

Before if I tried to start an un-patched version of the game I would get a message saying that I couldn't open the channel blah blah, but Now when I click it, the screen goes black as if it's loading up the game, but then it just returns me to the system menu.

Does anybody have a clue what to do?

JohnnyDeformed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JohnnyDeformed said:
I installed priiloader and enabled the channel region free hack but I am still having problems starting the game!

Before if I tried to start an un-patched version of the game I would get a message saying that I couldn't open the channel blah blah, but Now when I click it, the screen goes black as if it's loading up the game, but then it just returns me to the system menu.

Does anybody have a clue what to do?
I installed IOS56, which an above poster said was necessary for it to run and now when I try to start the game I get a blue screen with error 002 telling me to eject disk and turn off power..?
I am inept at this :/ help

JohnnyDeformed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok finally works.
Recap of what I did; Installed priiloader, added channel region free hack. Used dop-ios and downloaded IOS56, apparently I had done something wrong that got corrected by dop-IOS So that's it! thanks everybody couldn't have done it without help!!
Daco said:
fix : dont pirate
If it makes you feel better then I will have you know I intend on buying it when it releases on xbox360
lecture.gif
. Capcom is my favorite company, and 8-bit mega man games have been a passion since I was a kid and first played MM2. I would want nothing less than to support capcom
bow.gif

Und3rtak3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Me myself got a problem. I have installed it and everything. But then the game just return to the sys menu afterwards. So i used wad manager 1.3 installed it from a wad and all.
Then i went to sys menu, the menu screen showed and it loaded but then it says click and it returns me to sys menu.

I could not use dop-ios to install any ios, it said, cannot
tongue.gif
Must i have ios 56 downloaded or does it download for me when i choose?

Or is my problem something else?

My console is ntsc and i downloaded via wehackwii wii ware wads ntsc-u section. So i guess it should work, just like every other wad.

JohnnyDeformed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Und3rtak3r said:
Me myself got a problem. I have installed it and everything. But then the game just return to the sys menu afterwards. So i used wad manager 1.3 installed it from a wad and all.
Then i went to sys menu, the menu screen showed and it loaded but then it says click and it returns me to sys menu.

I could not use dop-ios to install any ios, it said, cannot
tongue.gif
Must i have ios 56 downloaded or does it download for me when i choose?

Or is my problem something else?

My console is ntsc and i downloaded via wehackwii wii ware wads ntsc-u section. So i guess it should work, just like every other wad.
Like last poster said; You need IOS56. You are experiencing exactly the same thing I did before I got IOS56, Just use dop-IOS. I can't help you though, don't know why it isn't working for you. Maybe you could be more specific as to what happens when you try to use dop-IOS?

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone get an error saying something like "You cannot use this channel"? My wii locks up after it appears and then I have to restart. I updated ios 56 with NUS and I still get the error. I'm on 4.0U, region free channels with start patch (Not that it matters since It's a ntsc wad) but it is region free to display in pal since I use a pal tv. Any fixes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la