Mega Drive question

nasune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So a friend of mine brought me a (boxed) Mega drive, but he did not see that the power supply included was a SNES one. My question is, can I use the SNES power supply on the Mega Drive?

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
If I recall correctly, yes. Check to see what the standard voltage is for a snes ac adaptor, and if it is the same for Genesis/Megadrive and it fits you're good to go.

Yeah. NES/SNES/GEN/MEGA DRIVE all have the same ac adaptor voltage. =D

nasune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, I checked to voltage but I couldn't find it on the mega drive, so it's nice to have confirmation.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm not completely sure about the Mega Drive, but I know the Mega CD/Sega CD use DC adaptors, and that using the NES/SNES adaptors with them is a big no-no unless you want to fry the system. Just check before you plug it in that the Mega Drive doesn't take DC instead of AC. I'm sure you can find it on Google. I'd check my Mega Drive but, you know, I'm lazy.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be careful as their are different versions of the Mega Drive and they had different power adapters.
If it's a Mega Drive 2 (PAL) then the power adapter will work from a SNES or NES (PAL) console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?