Mega Drive Mini - September 19 Launch

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
still not as good as having a japanese version system as we get the better games unless you mod it but in reality Japan will always one up those overseas because we can and we have better tech while overseas get thing that are primitive to us now.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
still not as good as having a japanese version system as we get the better games unless you mod it but in reality Japan will always one up those overseas because we can and we have better tech while overseas get thing that are primitive to us now.
Primitive:lol: you do talk nonsense as I remba the ps4 being released in Europe before Japan

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Regardless Japan is still miles ahead of those overseas so my asian brethren are practically better than anybody overseas. Long live Japan!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Primitive:lol: you do talk nonsense as I remba the ps4 being released in Europe before Japan
it's "remember" not Remba this isn't first grade.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Regardless Japan is still miles ahead of those overseas so my asian brethren are practically better than anybody overseas. Long live Japan!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it's "remember" not Remba this isn't first grade.
If you wanna get in a debate re who's better than who which I don't as I find tht first grade then let's just say English is most spoken language in the world and best music ever produced was by English bands in the 1980s and wil never be beaten and re games most of the original stuff came from English developers with games on spectrum 48k commodore 64 and the amiga

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ever since the PC Engine mini was announced to include CD games it kinda bothers me that SEGA didn't do the same.

It would've taken the console to another level if it came with Snatcher and Popful Mail.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would've taken the console to another level if it came with Snatcher and Popful Mail.

I'm not really a huge fan of visual novels, but Popful Mail would have been a nice inclusion. Personally, I'd be happier if they included some Master System/Game Gear games more than Sega CD games. Of course, both would even be better. :)

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MVG has uploaded a video to his channel with his thoughts on it(he has a review unit).

if i were to give my two cents (same as my post down there on his vid: )

If its an allwinner and if it resembles anything with its predecessors (i know its a custom new chip it seems) the SOC might be able to A) boot into a recovery mode B)Boot from usb/removable media. allwinner boards also usually have some sort of uart interface baked into them. Next month is going to be interesting indeed.

Reactions: Zense

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From what I've heard so far, it seems they messed up with audio (unfortunately this is almost expected when it comes to Megadrive emulation).

Up to 11 frames of lag is just ridiculous though.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
From what I've heard so far, it seems they messed up with audio (unfortunately this is almost expected when it comes to Megadrive emulation).

Up to 11 frames of lag is just ridiculous though.

Yup, like I said in the PSC post if you use the DF video to compare the sound of Comix Zone on the PSC to Mini and Original you can see how the PSC is vastly superior and much closer in its rendering plus it doesn't have that baked in lag.

It really does appear that no one can get close to what Nintendo pulled off with the SNES Mini as that was nigh on perfect for my needs and the fact that M2 didn't include a rewind feature, better filters/scanlines etc.. shows they've just done the barebones minimum to get it out of the door which means the PCE Mini will likely be more of the same. The talk of the double inputs in the controller are also not what you'd expect at such a price either as there are quite a few on the forums speaking of that particular quirk.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to get the Amiga side sorted and it will be the ultimate machine.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So seems this is similar specs to the snes classic. this is a good thing. i'm hoping this can be pimped up to be as good as the snes classic, with tons of genesis games, including it's exclusives.

The new darius seems neat, but i REALLY want that version of tetris.

Reactions: Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah I agree. Plus there's been great progress in hacking it. I believe they were already able to run Tanglewood on it as a test.
https://modmyclassic.com/category/news/

Also the whole input lag and audio lag has been addressed properly over at retrorgb by Bob and the Genesis/Mega Drive Mini performs just as well as the Snes classic. Not sure if Sega had fixed these things by the time the minis where shipped. My theory is that the people who were handed them early for preview got some early stage models and then m2 fixed those issues themselves. I feel sega should've stated that the preview systems were not complete representations of the final product.

All in all, this is a great 30th anniversary for the Genesis.

Last edited by Zense,

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, but I don't think Sega ever thought it would be since we ARE talking Nintendo. Hopefully it does better than the PS1 classic since at least this one seems to have care put into it.

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if the Europe delay is related to the audio issue.

Still, I will be waiting till it's considerably cheaper or they come out with a version that includes the 6 button pads. No way I'm spending over a hundred quid for proper 2 player SF2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte