may I ask why you're not updating?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Futurdreamz, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Futurdreamz
    OP

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    I mean, it doesn't make any sense. The Switch shipped with a bare-bones OS and is continually being updated with new and better features. Plus the most recent exploits still work with the latest version.

If anything, I'd expect you to simply wait for the go-ahead before updating to each version, lest you get stuck with a really old version and whatever the exploit provides requires an in-between version to work.

2. Haymose

Haymose GBAtemp Fan

Mar 24, 2014
    United States
    People love to hack their consoles more than their intended use. Makes a lot of sense right?

Chizko likes this.
  3. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    This is GBAtemp, what did you expect? :P Besides, an NS exploit got patched in 3.0.0.

4. danwellby

danwellby Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2016
    It was only a ALSR bypass patched on 3.0

5. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I did update to 3.0, but that's because it's the first worthwhile update. Hopefully more like this one in the future, because it's not worth bothering with updates for "stability" alone.

6. geodeath

geodeath GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2006
    London
    Because they did not introduce any feature that is useful to me. I bought my Switch for its games (so no apps or online apps to watch/consume content), i do not care about online play on any console anyway and never buy digital because i like a physical product. I do not think i updated on the launch day update either. I literally played Zelda a few days after launch (when i got the console) during a flight, so naturally i put it on flight mode. Can not find the reason to take it off until there is an exploit. All the functionality added with the updates is just bloat i would never use so unless a game i truly care about comes along requiring an update (i am looking at you Mario) i will simply leave it as is.

Last edited by geodeath, Jul 6, 2017