Hacking may I ask why do you need coldboothax on redNAND

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to coldboot into rednand. so you dont have to open the browser or manually run haxchi?

unless youre asking something else. which in that case, you should change the "as title" to something menaingful

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
to coldboot into rednand. so you dont have to open the browser or manually run haxchi?

unless youre asking something else. which in that case, you should change the "as title" to something menaingful
no, what you're describing is coldboothax on sysNAND to cold boot into redNAND, not what I'm asking.

somebody are saying redNAND is better because you can install coldboothax on that safely.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, what you're describing is coldboothax on sysNAND to cold boot into redNAND, not what I'm asking.

somebody are saying redNAND is better because you can install coldboothax on that safely.
well ive seen people test it there as to not brick. actually setting up haxchi to load at boot on rednand sounds completely useless. the current coldboothax in general is only useful for booting into rednand. since it kinda makes sysnand unusable if insalled there.

rednand is better in quite a few ways. useful coldboothax is one of them.

Last edited by tvall,

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sounds like you answered your own question.

I haven't heard any talk of installing coldboot onto rednand but then again I haven't been following that thread too much. But what seems like common sense to me is it is being installed onto rednand to make sure it doesn't brick so they can repeat the process on sysnand

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Sounds like you answered your own question.

I haven't heard any talk of installing coldboot onto rednand but then again I haven't been following that thread too much. But what seems like common sense to me is it is being installed onto rednand to make sure it doesn't brick so they can repeat the process on sysnand
Yes I'm pretty sure, just getting confirm.

and I believe that's just a way to test coldboothax, other than that, it's useless.

Afraidium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coldboothax is not installed on redNAND. You can't really test the effect of coldboothax unless you test in sysNAND for certain. coldboothax would automatically run when booting the wiiU. We can not launch anything yet automatically.
So please don't confuse that. Also coldboothax should be avoided at all costs right now. Since the chance of brick is very very high. People with hardmods (AKA: A way to restore their system if it bricks, we hope), are working on this stuff. Wait for a legit source to confirm it works. Don't be like people who wanted a headphone jack in their iphone and drill a hole in it. ;)

Reactions: Gomza

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Do these people actually exist? If so, why is it impossible to find any complete info on how to do it! The full nand I mean, not just bits and pieces.
Have you not seen "the ultimate guide to drilling headphone jack to iPhone 7" on reddit aka 'jackhax'

Reactions: OrGoN3

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do these people actually exist? If so, why is it impossible to find any complete info on how to do it! The full nand I mean, not just bits and pieces.
the mlc is just emmc, like the 3ds. so getting that is just as easy as on the 3ds. what makes the wiiu hard is the slc, which is some type of nand flash. that you need to do something similar to what people do with the ps3 using a teensy or similar. not many people do it, so no easy detailed tutorial yet. if you really know what youre doing though, http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/EMMC_NAND and http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/TSOP_NAND look accurate.

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
Do not install coldboothax in its current implementation, quick start menu is a much better solution as it those not lock you out of sysNAND and works with iosu cfw aswell

Reactions: Gomza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    #stopkillinggames
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #mailmesomesirloinsteak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mail you deeze nuts
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be cheap, flat rate small envelope. Me- "Hey this envelope is empty, oh that makes since."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still fits in your mouth the same way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a pound. Crazyness. Price of good fish is just as bad.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    when i go to college,what do you guys think i should major?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    inb4 computer science
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fake Leg scratching 101
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    IT support you can act like your own farts smell like cherries that way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Odin 2s $300 lol no
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    The Mini is even more lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That RG cube is starting to look like the better value price creep option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a handheld gaming system with a tablet sized screen, like a 8 or10" screen, with controllers that can detach like the Switch.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @BigOnYa i was legitimately trying to scratch my leg, this is reminding me of that cylinder post
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I don't see the buzz about a square screen personally. I think there will be a review on the site within a few weeks though if you are interested.
    +1
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I've put down the money on the Odin 2 Mini since I just love that Vita form factor. Loved the power of the Odin 2 but the size always put me off, this one seems exactly what I've been wanting.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't care about the square screen it's just nice to hold something you don't have to stretch your arms a foots length
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All these things expecting to be super huge is overrated just run a type c cable to your TV if you want a big display or in my case screen mirror it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the go tho I meant, I use my 10" tablet and a Bluetooth controller for retro gaming while sitting on my porch or on long car rides sometimes. Easier on my eyes than the Switch screen.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My point is we already have enough shit with big displays having something pocketable with up to ps2 would be fine on the go
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken unless the games are made for that screen size most suck on a screen that size... Having a square screen and being brighter and higher res helps but it's not a cure all, text is tiny bullets are tiny, your.... Well lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can stretch to fit probably it's not all bad that they make it seem to be
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People always yap about oh but you loose pixels but yeah it won't look awful either
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People always yap about oh but you loose pixels but yeah it won't look awful either