Max Overload 1.58 2/3/2009

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
I just checked the authors page and there is a 02/20/09 update 1.58zx beta available now

20-02-09 Max Overload 1.58ZX (BETA) OUT NOW!!!
Yes I know it's been some time since the last version
I have been very busy doing things for both you and me
I try to keep everything on a level, I don't want to get bored and ditch the whole project

Please note that this is a BETA version
Please make sure you have backed up your save games before using this version

New card reading functions, might speed things up a little
No more TMP.sav file problems (I hope), this was caused by fragmented drives

I have managed to get Kingston 8gig X133 CF to work, but you need to update the firmware on the MAX Drive itself.
I will let you know very soon how you can do this (just sell them on ebay, they are very slow even when fixed and I don't know how to make them any faster).

To reduce fragmentation, every time you add a new game run it through MO to create a save before adding another game.

No more BSOD, I know what the problem is but am unable to fix at this time, I have made it better in the fact it reports the bad file.
This is caused by having illegal characters in the first 6 chars of the file name. Simply rename the file to something else.

FIXED

Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Megaman ZX (this takes 30 seconds to boot on my CF)
(It take 60 seconds to boot on my Kingston 8gig)
(Once booted it plays just fine, this is due to the way the game reads it's internal FAT at the start)

This should also help with a bunch of other games

PLEASE NOTE
On the old version, if you got a bad TMP file, DONT rename it as it can destroy other data on the drive
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't worry. I MO is no malware. it's clean ROM support, for the 1st time on a Slot-2 device. It works great, and plays almost every game. It bypasses piracy blocks in games, that R4 can't do. (obviously because R4 is sort of... Dead).

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gbpic said:
Yeah, there is definitely no GBAMP compatibility... I just tested it, and I also tried to DLDI patch it as a wild guess, but obviously this thing is hard-coded to certain devices. I wonder what's in there to prevent it from working on a GBAMP? Did they just switch some lines around? (The GBAMP's CF slot was almost directly connected to the cartridge pins...)
Ya, in essence MMD is a copy of GBAMP so if any programmer has any knowledge of the GBAMP at all they can probably hack it for the GBAMP. That would be great as this thing looks amazing!

I'll start a thread on maxconsole forums like the site says people should if they want to suggest things.

rrg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK it's been so long. Where do I put this file I downloaded. On the CF memory or the slot 1 card?
I forgot.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rrg said:
OK it's been so long. Where do I put this file I downloaded. On the CF memory or the slot 1 card?
I forgot.
on the CF card of the MMD along with your roms in the same place. No need to patch here. Enjoy.
smileipb2.png

rrg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I can't get it to run.
I see on the top screen "ROM Maximum Overload" and spinning graphic.
Below I see the game icons, I scroll to one and select.

Once I select it shows "LOADING preparing save file 1" & 2 then it says
"I give up ... loads of frags please reformat the drive."

I did reformat and defrag the mem card.

Any ideas.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
from the readme:
QUOTE said:
To reduce fragmentation, every time you add a new game run it through MO to create a save before adding another game.

The new MO is a WIP and apparently has problems with fragmented files. So basically, it says to only add one game at a time, launch it to create a save, then you can add another game run it to make a save and so on.

I had a game give me the "I give up ... loads of frags please reformat the drive." while trying to run it, but formatting and doing the one game at time thing fixed that error for me

Tjharwin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pasc said:
was it REALLY sold commercially ?

I bought mine off Amazon UK a few years back...so yeah. Any item sold by Datel is usually comercial. They're a pretty big 3rd party hardware developer for consoles, like Joytech and Madcatz. I sold mine when I realised Max Overload wasn't be updated, and bought an M3 DS Simply instead, which I've also now sold in wait for a DSi flashcart to go with the DSi which I'm buying.
smile.gif

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man this REALLY needs to be released for the GBAMP. It's a real shame how a carbon copy shameless clone of the original product gets the amazing features while the original does not. The creator doesn't seem to have any contact info so anyone got any ideas on how to get this thing running on GBAMP?

santorix10

Trophies
Website
rememberthe8bit.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
Tjharwin said:
pasc said:
was it REALLY sold commercially ?

I bought mine off Amazon UK a few years back...so yeah. Any item sold by Datel is usually comercial. They're a pretty big 3rd party hardware developer for consoles, like Joytech and Madcatz. I sold mine when I realised Max Overload wasn't be updated, and bought an M3 DS Simply instead, which I've also now sold in wait for a DSi flashcart to go with the DSi which I'm buying.
smile.gif

Saw a few in my local Wal-Mart, I laughed when they had NoPasses sitting on those shelves...

metron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadow#1 said:
metron said:
whats it mean when it says "Loading... File fragmentation not supported yet."

"File fragmentation not supported yet."
yes but it said that on Jump Ultimate Stars. wich in the first post, it says it should work. So does that mean that Ill have to wait for the next update to get that game to work im guessing?

santorix10

Trophies
Website
rememberthe8bit.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
metron said:
Shadow#1 said:
metron said:

yes but it said that on Jump Ultimate Stars. wich in the first post, it says it should work. So does that mean that Ill have to wait for the next update to get that game to work im guessing?

When files are written to memory, and then deleted, there are sometimes blank spaces. Thus, the computer will try to fill this blank space with part of a file and then place he rest of the file elsewhere. This is fragmentation. In order to avoid this message, delete the fragmented game and defrag the card. (How to defrag: right click on the drive, click properties, click the tools tab, click defragment)

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
gbpic said:
metron said:
Shadow#1 said:
metron said:

When files are written to memory, and then deleted, there are sometimes blank spaces. Thus, the computer will try to fill this blank space with part of a file and then place he rest of the file elsewhere. This is fragmentation. In order to avoid this message, delete the fragmented game and defrag the card. (How to defrag: right click on the drive, click properties, click the tools tab, click defragment)

NEVER EVER! defragment a flash drive of any sort USB/CF/SD it causes ALOT of reads and writes which wear out and drain the life of your device by ALOT. Copy your files off and reformat and copy them back on will solve your problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: