Max Overload 1.58 2/3/2009

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Feb 20, 2009.

Feb 20, 2009
  1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    [​IMG] Max Overload 1.58 2/3/2009
    Update
    [​IMG]

A long awaited update to Max Overload, the Max Media Dock launcher, has finally been released. This update features various game fixes, please see the change log for more information. Sources have mentioned that this version eliminates the need for manual file patching. Lacking a unit to test, I am unable to confirm this information at this time.

v1.58 Change Log

Thanks to VatoLoco for the news!

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Discuss

2. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    MMD gets an update [​IMG] I thought it was long dead.

3. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    Its incredible, but true! its been @ 3 years since the MMDs MaxOverload has had a real update!

Now theres no more need to manually patch every game with a PC (which is apparently a first amongst slot-2 carts)=)

A big thanks to the author for raising my MMD from the grave

4. Icey

Member Icey GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wow. I started out with an MMD before my Cyclo. This is unreal. Who's the author?

5. joe joe

Newcomer joe joe Member

United States
  6. Ballistic

Member Ballistic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That site was blocked by my antivirus because it was in a list of banned sites provided. I scanned it and it also detected malware. ???

7. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    this is unbelievable and unreal. after 3 years this??!? Is this actually true?

since it's so unbelievable, when someone says they detect malware, it seems more plausible that this is a fake. AnotherWorld, is this confirmed tested?

And if this is actually real, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HACK THIS THING FOR THE GBAMP LIKE TRIFORCE DID!!?!!??!? PLEASE THAT WOULD BE AMAZING.

8. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    yes, vatoloco has been running it all night and reporting back to me on what hes been doing with it. sorry to call you out on this vato! =/. that is the limit of my confirmed working sources right now. i don't own a mmd, so i have been unable to do any testing on my own. if someone finds the news or the uploaded file to be fake please let me know A.S.A.P..

-another world

9. golden

United States
    well i just DLed it and put it on a micro SD and i can't even see the file. I know it is supposed to work only on MMD but i can't even FIND AND SEE the file when I browse on a flash cart. Just seems REALLY fishy to me.

10. Shadow#1

Member Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    it works just fine on my MMD i have bootsed a few ds roms like NSMB and TETRIS DS didnt have to patch the roms eitrher i used clean roms

11. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    It's probably just a false positive from your antivirus software.

What AV software are you using (I can tell you if it's crap. It's crap if it's not NOD32)

12. golden

United States
    So does anyone know exactly how to hack this thing so it can run on the GBAMP? I mean, when the MMD came out hackers easily figured out that the MMD was a cheap clone of the GBAMP and most of the registry addresses were the same and knowing this Triforce hacked the original MaxOverload for the GBAMP because it was pretty much identical to the MMD. Any programers want to step up to the challenge or know anything? Maybe even the creator could do it himself? It can't be that hard at all really since they are so similar. What is the creator's contact information? I can try to contact him with the request but I can't seem to find any contact information on that site. Anyone?

13. santorix10

Member santorix10 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, there is definitely no GBAMP compatibility... I just tested it, and I also tried to DLDI patch it as a wild guess, but obviously this thing is hard-coded to certain devices. I wonder what's in there to prevent it from working on a GBAMP? Did they just switch some lines around? (The GBAMP's CF slot was almost directly connected to the cartridge pins...)

14. VatoLoco

United States
    i dunno what's up with the authors website saying its malware, but i do know that this is a real update and does in fact run on the MMD. Its by no means perfect, not all games run, but it launches a helluva lot more games than it could before=)

and as it looks like a current WIP, maybe the guy will add support for GBAMP in future versions

15. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    Yep, thats what I totally thought aswell...

16. mariomaniac33

Member mariomaniac33 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    An update? Sweet! I thought the developers for Max Overload gave up on the project, but apparently they didn't. [​IMG] Time to pull out the good old Max Media Dock and give this a shot! [​IMG]

Edit: Before I dive in, am I correct to assume that the Max Crash patching method is no longer necessary or will that still increase compatability?

17. kikira111

Newcomer kikira111 Member

United States
    Can someone tell me what is this Max Overload???
    Is is one Firmware for any FC ??

18. Shadow#1

Member Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    Max Overload is a hacked firmware for the Datel Max Media Dock Homebrew flashcart that was sold commercaly at walmart and other retailers

19. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    ^why do I just get the feeling you have no idea what you are talkin about ?

Anyways, as far as I know it is just an rom loader for the Max Media Dock, nothing more, nothing less.

I just hope your answer wasn't ignorant cause it sure felt that way Shadow #1...

20. VatoLoco

United States
    MaxMediaDock/Player is a slot-2 homebrew cart (not supposed to run commercial ROMS) put out by Datel some years ago, and was sold at regular stores like Circuit City and Walmart. "Mysteriously", Max Overload, the ROM launcher was released mere days later by MushroomBob and Kingpin, whom many ppl speculate were actually Datel employees.
    There were only 2 official MO releases, both in 2006, then nothing more (except a few fake/bogus releases here and there). All games needed to be patched to run, and without updates, less and less newer games could be patched properly.
    Now three years later, surprisingly 1.5 MO is being updated by a new developer who seems to have done a pretty good job of getting it up to par.