Gaming Mass Effect Andromeda Requirements Thoughts

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am planning to get Mass Effect Andromeda when it is released, but am concerned about the required and recommended specs. I am concerned about the following:

- System RAM (Min is 8GB, recommended is 16GB)
- Video RAM (Min is 2GB, recommended is 4GB)

For System RAM, my laptop currently has 8GB, can go up to 24GB. Also, for Video RAM, my laptop has 2 Nvidia GeForce GTX 870M's with 6GB each.

Do you guys think I will be ok with what my laptop has? Thoughts and help GREATLY appreciated :)

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Graphics wise I think you're set. Memory wise you're ok, but I would think about upgrading anyway. As time goes on, applications get bigger and need more memory.

Use a hardware scanner like Speccy or CPU-Z to see what memory slots are in use and if any are open/empty. If any are empty then just buy more RAM to fill it. If they're all full, then consider getting a 16GB kit. You don't need 24GB unless you use RAMDisks, but 16GB is the new comfort zone for memory.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
idk honnestly, recommended vram is not 4gb but 3gb and the gpu recommandation is a gtx 1060.
I dont know a lot about gtx gpu for mobile, so i cant say if 2x GTX 870M can be equivalent to a GTX 1060
To give you an estimate, the GTX 1060 is equivalent to GTX 980...

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I would post this here as it is an issue I am having with ME:A:

My laptop has 2 Nvidia GeForce GTX 870Ms with 6GB each. With SLI enabled, I keep getting DirectX error and crashes. I disabled SLI and game is playable somewhat, but kinda looks and feels choppy. Anyone else have SLI with Nvidia and also experiencing this issue? Thoughts on this appreciated :)

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought I would post this here as it is an issue I am having with ME:A:

My laptop has 2 Nvidia GeForce GTX 870Ms with 6GB each. With SLI enabled, I keep getting DirectX error and crashes. I disabled SLI and game is playable somewhat, but kinda looks and feels choppy. Anyone else have SLI with Nvidia and also experiencing this issue? Thoughts on this appreciated :)
its your own topic:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Reactions: Skeet1983

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [awaits for him to notice something] :blush::ha::evil: