Mass Effect Andromeda Requirements Thoughts

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Skeet1983, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I am planning to get Mass Effect Andromeda when it is released, but am concerned about the required and recommended specs. I am concerned about the following:

- System RAM (Min is 8GB, recommended is 16GB)
    - Video RAM (Min is 2GB, recommended is 4GB)

For System RAM, my laptop currently has 8GB, can go up to 24GB. Also, for Video RAM, my laptop has 2 Nvidia GeForce GTX 870M's with 6GB each.

Do you guys think I will be ok with what my laptop has? Thoughts and help GREATLY appreciated :)

2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Graphics wise I think you're set. Memory wise you're ok, but I would think about upgrading anyway. As time goes on, applications get bigger and need more memory.

Use a hardware scanner like Speccy or CPU-Z to see what memory slots are in use and if any are open/empty. If any are empty then just buy more RAM to fill it. If they're all full, then consider getting a 16GB kit. You don't need 24GB unless you use RAMDisks, but 16GB is the new comfort zone for memory.

3. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three furries women
    idk honnestly, recommended vram is not 4gb but 3gb and the gpu recommandation is a gtx 1060.
    I dont know a lot about gtx gpu for mobile, so i cant say if 2x GTX 870M can be equivalent to a GTX 1060
    To give you an estimate, the GTX 1060 is equivalent to GTX 980...

4. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I thought I would post this here as it is an issue I am having with ME:A:

My laptop has 2 Nvidia GeForce GTX 870Ms with 6GB each. With SLI enabled, I keep getting DirectX error and crashes. I disabled SLI and game is playable somewhat, but kinda looks and feels choppy. Anyone else have SLI with Nvidia and also experiencing this issue? Thoughts on this appreciated :)

5. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Moon furries | Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Between three furries women
    its your own topic:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Skeet1983 likes this.
  6. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Considering all of the "developer hell" stories I've heard about the game, it doesn't surprise me that it wasn't optimised for SLI.