Gaming Mass Effect 3 Co-op Multiplayer

Lockon Stratos

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mass Effect 3 multiplayer has recently been announced by Bioware's Casey Hudson. Before it was heard as just a rumour which was leaked but now it's real. 2 different types, Mass Effect: Galaxy at War and mission mode(I think). Both support up to 4 players. Galaxy at War can show to have a direct impact on the ending of the game but nothing too much I suppose as it would only be fair for people who decide to keep to the single player. You don't get to use shepherd co-operatively and also get to choose from races which fought alongside you. Ranging from turians to asaris you will be able to pick up the bad ass races, select a class and play with your friends for the sheer entertainment of Mass Effect.

As I was browsing about on Kotaku and IGN, I could already see that gamers were already seeing it as a negative aspect to the game and perhaps degrading it's position. I however saw this is as potential and room for innovation of the best co-operative multiplayer game. I always pictured Mass Effect 2 as a better game as I was playing through the game. I find that its predecessors being single player games were quite awkward for when I have a friend over and we just want to play a game but unfortunately it couldn't be Mass Effect, it's also a little hard for me to stop playing Mass Effect (especially when I'm raging). It's undoubtedly one of my favourite games on this generation of consoles and always will be. I know I show a lot of bias but I only became biased after completing Mass Effect. I know it might have somehow increased it's strengths in the RPG but I liked Mass Effect 2 as it was and I only see it getting better so I see no reason to complain about it.

So it's argued that the multiplayer feature in Mass Effect 3 is should not have been done, to an extent. It's been shown to have a critical reception from fans/ gamers. Some fans argue that Mass Effect should have been left as it is since it was because of the thrilling, action-packed and bad ass action RPG's which they so much loved, played and bought. But they still see it in hind sight and that it hasn't had that much of an impact on the single player and that it's completely optional. They would argue that instead putting the effort of input into the multiplayer in which they won't play it could have come closer to its RPG aspect of the game.

Mass Effect 3 is proving to be a worthy game of the year for 2012 already by the looks of it and the multiplayer shouldn't really be seen as a childish reason not to purchase the game as it still is the game we all know it. The tension builds up from each game as the commander shepherd saga is brought to an end as Mass Effect 3 marks the end of an awesome trilogy.

What's your opinion on the new Mass Effect multiplayer feature?

*Sorry only just came to realise typo of co-op in the topic title after posting it :mthr: *

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't care for it one way or the other. ME has always been a singleplayer game, and there are plenty of other online sci-fi shooters if I want to play one.
What I, and everyone else, am worried about is that they will take resources away from the singleplayer to work on this, which may end up hurting the ending.

Lockon Stratos

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't care for it one way or the other. ME has always been a singleplayer game, and there are plenty of other online sci-fi shooters if I want to play one.
What I, and everyone else, am worried about is that they will take resources away from the singleplayer to work on this, which may end up hurting the ending.

Yeah what I hope is that it wouldn't create a different ending but rather create an alternate path to the ending. A new video which interviews Casey Hudson about the multiplayer addresses the singleplayer elements which could have been added.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol