Mass Effect 2 coming to PS3

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by tommyt, Aug 17, 2010.

Aug 17, 2010

Mass Effect 2 coming to PS3 by tommyt at 5:56 PM (939 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. tommyt
    OP

Member tommyt GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You can see the trailer on gametrailer.

Source

2. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Since the game is amazing it`s good that everybody gets to play it. What I don`t get is, why they don`t release Mass Effect 1 first... [​IMG]

3. Wombo Combo

Member Wombo Combo That Ain't Falco

United States
    Cool I cant wait for ME3, PC is the only platform I'm gonna play ME on though.

Yeah why would they release the 2nd one first.

4. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    kajGScliAUGFTO8gxVCKjb iugohfiugfuig!!!! FUCK YES! I thought this day would never come!

5. Delta517

Member Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Norway
    Please read the whole thing. [​IMG]

6. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I though that exclusivity was because of the plattform the game was published on. So maybe there is a contract between Bioware and Microsoft for ME1, because otherwise EA could serve as the publisher for ME1 on PS3...

7. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    It's not worth the purchase unless you have played the first one and have the save file from the first game. The whole point of the second game is to play with the save file from your first game.

Do not want. I guess this means Mass Effect 3 will come to PS3 as well, if that's any inclination.

8. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I don't know how well its going to work as so much of the experience from ME2 is crafted by playing the first one which. IF you look back, so many choice from ME1 have still not shown what will happen in the third one and it is not simply a case of giving the player a list of choices and a box to check. I see it redundant without the first quarter of the story as no narration by Martin Sheen is able of convey the whole story of ME1.
    Plus, I hope that this port does not extend the amount of development time for ME3, assuming that Bioware are actually doing the port. And I also hope that design compromises are not made so that the PS3 players don't miss out on much content while estranging long time fans.