Mass Effect 2 coming to PS3

tommyt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
It’s official, BioWare’s Mass Effect 2 will be coming to the PlayStation 3 in January 2011. This via an announcement teaser trailer that debuted during the EA Press Conference at GC 2010 in Germany. The teaser, which you can see right here, doesn’t give away anything in terms of enhancements or PS3-specific content, but we’ll expect to hear more pertaining to PlayStation 3 version soon.

Of course, one would now assume that the highly-anticipated Mass Effect 3 will now be a simultaneous multi-platform release, but we’ll just have to wait to get official word on that. Also, those hoping for the original Mass Effect to surface on Sony’s console should remember that it was published by Microsoft exclusively on the PC and 360.

You can see the trailer on gametrailer.

Source

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since the game is amazing it`s good that everybody gets to play it. What I don`t get is, why they don`t release Mass Effect 1 first...
wacko.gif

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool I cant wait for ME3, PC is the only platform I'm gonna play ME on though.

Master Mo said:
Since the game is amazing it`s good that everybody gets to play it. What I don`t get is, why they don`t release Mass Effect 1 first...
wacko.gif

Yeah why would they release the 2nd one first.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Master Mo said:
wacko.gif

QUOTE(tommyt @ Aug 17 2010, 06:56 PM) Also, those hoping for the original Mass Effect to surface on Sony’s console should remember that it was published by Microsoft exclusively on the PC and 360.

Please read the whole thing.
tongue.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Delta517 said:
Please read the whole thing.
tongue.gif
I though that exclusivity was because of the plattform the game was published on. So maybe there is a contract between Bioware and Microsoft for ME1, because otherwise EA could serve as the publisher for ME1 on PS3...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not worth the purchase unless you have played the first one and have the save file from the first game. The whole point of the second game is to play with the save file from your first game.

Do not want. I guess this means Mass Effect 3 will come to PS3 as well, if that's any inclination.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know how well its going to work as so much of the experience from ME2 is crafted by playing the first one which. IF you look back, so many choice from ME1 have still not shown what will happen in the third one and it is not simply a case of giving the player a list of choices and a box to check. I see it redundant without the first quarter of the story as no narration by Martin Sheen is able of convey the whole story of ME1.
Plus, I hope that this port does not extend the amount of development time for ME3, assuming that Bioware are actually doing the port. And I also hope that design compromises are not made so that the PS3 players don't miss out on much content while estranging long time fans.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.