Marvelous AQL being sued

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hyro-Sama, Nov 1, 2012.

Nov 1, 2012

Marvelous AQL being sued by Hyro-Sama at 8:02 PM (419 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Hyro-Sama
    OP

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    It seems Marvelous AQL, a prominent Japanese game publisher, is being taken to court by indie developer, Checkpoint. Brian Wiklem, Checkpoint's CEO, is accusing Marvelous AQL of attempting to malignantlytakeover the company and poach employees from Checkpoint's staff top work for it's North American subsidiary XSEED. Furthermore, Christopher Masterton, an ex-Checkpoint employee, is withhold crucial login information from Checkpoint and its CEO. Masterton also plays a crucial port in this entire debacle. You read full details of the suit and situation by hitting the source.

:arrow: Gamasutra

2. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    then in that case, konami should take ea to court

3. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    A prominent publisher vs an indy company.

Yeah that's going to end well for the indy company.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I like these sorts of cases, I know they usually devolve into he who has the best contract lawyer (at the time of contracts and to a slightly lesser extent court case) wins, but the things that come to light are usually quite informative.

Re withholding accounts. That can be some fairly serious business and those doing it have been pinned to the wall for it before. Thankfully "social media expert" is not something I can really claim as a skillset so I have been spared it, I consider that a bonus as facebook have some very odd policies there.

"malignantly takeover"..... that is not really a term. Hostile takeover is a fairly accepted strategy though, I am not quite sure this counts as a traditional hostile takeover though.

5. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    That Indie company lost bigtime.