Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Martian DS

Side-scrolling action

ThousandKnives has released an impressive looking side scrolling shooter for the Nintendo DS called Martian DS. It looks similar to the game 'Alien Hominid'. Check it out for yourself![title:ThousandKnives's message]I thought I would post the project I've been working on here. It's just a port of a game I did for a 72-hour competition about 4 years ago. But, I thought it would make a good project to start with to learn how to program for DS.

I started from the DevKitPro template and used LibNDS. It should run on any emulator or actual hardware. It's written in C++. Graphics are mostly by my partners from the competition Jawsh and Pegwo. I had to do a lot of working with them to get it to fit on the DS screen, and added a bunch of new graphics (mostly background tiles). Maps were made using Tiled and a custom program I wrote to convert XML to C headers.

Missing features:

-Saving high scores

-Arm7 sound handler

-Multiple scrolling backgrounds

Although I note these missing features, I pretty much consider this "finished" and will probably move on to another project at this point, but I would appreciate any feedback.

Here is a link to a page with info on the original PC version for DirectX.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
My thoughts exacly shaun I saw the screeny and Alien Hominid came straight to me!.

I have gotta say the pixel art looks very nice.

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
"A button jumps (hold to hump longer)"

yay humping
wink.gif

edit: I like the game, wish it has continues thru

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5