OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi every one
I am actually creating 12 Martial arts book for beginner's to Grand master,
And it's pretty hard to draw each silhouette (i have to draw around 1000 different one)
So i would like to ask if you know a free tools to create and make Silhouette.
thank you

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Curious question for here but OK.

I might question the value of silhouettes -- even my 1930s book on Jiu Jitsu has photographs. That said if you are starting now I would invest in getting a proper keying setup (greenscreen in common parlance) such that you can video/photograph forms and then key out the background rather than having to paint everything out. If straight silhouettes does not work (if 5cm is the difference between proper form and not then hands or whatever across body can be hard to tell where conventional photo is fine) then you can probably lose identifying information (assuming you don't care to do it all in a balaclava) with various filters like the various edge detect family or SVG trace options that still keep the essentials.

DemonCreator42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Curious question for here but OK.

I might question the value of silhouettes -- even my 1930s book on Jiu Jitsu has photographs. That said if you are starting now I would invest in getting a proper keying setup (greenscreen in common parlance) such that you can video/photograph forms and then key out the background rather than having to paint everything out. If straight silhouettes does not work (if 5cm is the difference between proper form and not then hands or whatever across body can be hard to tell where conventional photo is fine) then you can probably lose identifying information (assuming you don't care to do it all in a balaclava) with various filters like the various edge detect family or SVG trace options that still keep the essentials.
thank you I didn't think that way,
but yeh you're right, Despite everything I think I'm going to draw it all because I want it to remain legible even after several years

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could also go the route of photographing a poseable maquette against a green screen...
41x9QJU5Q-L._AC_.jpg

or even make your own...

Reactions: HuxleyHall

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You could also go the route of photographing a poseable maquette against a green screen...
View attachment 300247

or even make your own...

Making your own would be a better bet then. The poseable wooden mannequins don't have enough articulation for exact poses and stances that are very important in martial arts. There are more poseable and detailed figurines (you can search for "figma archetype"), but they are still not quite there. And you'd need different scales for closeups etc.

NicoRay78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyams is an outstanding story-teller, and the images that he uses to make his points are fantastic teaching tools.
As an artist and a teacher, this book formed many of the key ideas that I have about Martial Arts and the philosophy that drives our art. Probably the best book about
Great tool!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head