syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mario definitely Sonic never really had any good games to begin with sure the classic Sonic games are fun but they aren't even close to as fun as the Mario games

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IHEARTSEGA said:
I was just talking about the 2d games. Mario's empire as a whole is much better, but on the 2d level I think sonic is much better.
not even Super Mario World on its own dominates all Sonic games...all Sonic games are is just run really fast from point A to point B and after a few stages jump on a boss a few times and rinse and repeat while Super Mario World a lot of the levels have multiple ways to beat them some levels require you to come back after you unlock certain colored blocks you need to be able to fly to reach certain places theres just sooo much more to do in that game then all the Sonic 2D games combined.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The first two Sonic games were fun (never played #3) but Super Mario World is pretty much the best 2D platform game... EVER.

So I voted Mario.

D

Deleted User

I was never really into sonic, although I did get pretty far in the first three games.

IHEARTSEGA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They were much more complex games, but I love the speed of sonic. And the way sonic is put together is much more attractive (especially considering when I played through the games i was like 5-8.) I will admit Mario is superior, but regardless sonic was always much more fun. And doesn't the level of enjoyment from a game determine wich game is better >.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IHEARTSEGA said:
They were much more complex games, but I love the speed of sonic. And the way sonic is put together is much more attractive (especially considering when I played through the games i was like 5-8.) I will admit Mario is superior, but regardless sonic was always much more fun. And doesn't the level of enjoyment from a game determine wich game is better >.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Difficult choice - are we talking 2D or 3D ??

In 2D -
Sonic was fast paced/speedy but IMHO 'limited' in 'special moves' or unique features (each level seemed rather 'samey'), while Mario always had variation in 'skills', & the levels seemed more 'varied'

In 3D -
Sonic transferred quite well (although the 'Magic Rings' WAS a dissapointment, but I put that down to the 'play same level different ways until you've achieved something THEN you can progress to the next level' type of gameplay) - although I actually enjoyed 'Shadow' version better, while Mario seems a lot slower paced and doesn't seem to have quite the same effect on me As the Sonic games

Zparks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm one of those gamers who sits on the fence. I loved the old Mario and Sonic games and I think respectively they both transitioned well into 3D, though if anything I'd have to say Sonic as I've always been a sega supporter regardless of the mistakes they've made.

bultmus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well but sonic is more challenging!!!
EDIT : and better too
tongue.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
First Sonic game and the third Mario game are the best. So I can't vote.

BTW, next time, make a better topic description, cos just 'Mario or Sonic!' doesn't really mean anything.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-