Wadofgum
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mariokartwiimy2.png

Official Discussion

Mario and friends come back for a new installment of the infamous franchise, on Nintendo Wii. There are New features in this installement such as, an online racing mode, new motorbike vehicle types, a special balancing system for new and veteran players, and (in its initial release) a special Mario Kart wheel packaged with the game. There is also a new trick system, you can now perform tricks in the air by moving the steering wheel, or Wii Remote, respectively.

Nintendo Wifi
It will support an online racing mode where players will be able to go against each other in a single race racing simultaneously and an online battle mode.It has been confirmed that it will also feature 12 player online races. It has also been confirmed that there will be online leagues and rankings along with local rankings, which might be on a whole separate channel.

Weapons
The game would feature many of the old weapons and items that have been used in past Mario Kart games, and that a number of new items are also being added.

New:
1. POW block: it will hover over your players's head, and you'll need to jump three times in a specific rhythm to get rid of it…or you'll spin out. - Total CTR rip off

2. Cloud : it will give your player a boost of speed for as long as you hold it, but it has the side-effect of zapping your kart with lightning which will shrink your kart if you hold onto it for too long. It's an item that can be passed from kart to kart by bumping into your competition, almost like a shrinking hot potato.

Confirmed Characters
* Mario
* Luigi
* Princess Peach
* Yoshi
* Toad
* Baby Mario
* Baby Luigi
* Baby Peach
* Koopa Troopa
* Bowser
* Donkey Kong
* Diddy Kong
* Wario
* Waluigi
* Boo
* Play as your own Mii

Rumored: Daisy, Birdo, Baby Boo, Baby Wario, Toadsworth, Dixie Kong and Sonic The Hedgehog

Karts
There will be multiple karts for each character. Each weight class appears to have their own vehicles, from a muscle car-like hot rod for Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, and Bowser to a baby stroller/pushchair for Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, and Toad. Also, there appears to be a basic "Kart" and motorcycle for each character.

Mario Kart Courses

16 remakes and 16 new courses

NEW Courses:
“Mushroom Cup”
Luigi Circuit
Moo Moo Country
Mushroom Canyon
Toad Factory

“Flower Cup”
Mario Circuit - Figure-8 with underpass
Coconuts Mall
DK Snowboard Cross
Wario Mines

OLD Courses:
“Shell Cup”
GC Peach Beach
DS Yoshi Falls
SFC Ghost Swamp 2
64 Mario Circuit

“Banana Cup”
64 Sherbert Land
GBA Hey Ho Beach
DS Monty Town
GC Waluigi Stadium

Screenshots

More Screenshots

mariokartwii20070711052hx0.jpg

mariokartwii20071010082kt1.jpg

mariokartwii20071010082mr6.jpg

mariokartwii20070711052gb9.jpg

mariokartwii20070711052gc6.jpg

mariokartwii20071010082kw9.jpg

Mario Kart Wii - Wiki

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, I kinda don't hope that Sonic will be the new guest star of every Mario game. We only wanted him in Smash. =/

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Snaking only possible if Snake is in MKWii! XP

Yeah, I didn't even want Sonic in SSBB so please people stop with the Sonic-is-in-every-Nintendo-game rumor!
sleep.gif
;

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing visuals.
I heard that this game is the first to take full advantage of the wii's power.
This'll be the first game I get along with SSBB

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It will be interesting how the bikes handle. And if they would go faster than all the other karts off-road. They're also light weight so I imagine they would have better exceleration... and if its anything like the same system in MKDS, more exceleration = longer lasting MT's
biggrin.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The bike thing is a good idea IMO. Hopefully the new trick system is nice and deep. They needed to add something to keep mario cart fresh IMO

mekaone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just what the doctor ordered! Mario Kart for the Wii. Man life is good.
Every version just kept on getting better and this one should hold true to that theory I hope.
It has been my favorite game for years.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Dante, snake and sonic should be added to this game. Like anyone wants to play with some all around mario
sleep.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Pachee @ Pachee: CV64 was a good game given it was the first of it's kind, the first 3d project by kobe and was...